Assasin’s Creed Big Screen Adaptation on its Way

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
Ubisoft Motion Pictures is teaming with Sony Pictures to create a film franchise based on Assasin’s Creed video games series. We all hope that the movies will be able to stand on their own merit and appeal to a broad audience instead of just the gaming community.

The purpose of the studio is to ensure Ubisoft is an actual partner in the production, rather than just selling off the licenses. This will allow them to retain more creative control of how their properties are used as well as bring in more money for the game studio.

This seems like a game that'd translate well to a movie, provided its done right. (Which it so rarely is.)

It might not be that bad. I only played a couple of the Prince of Persia games, and I feel the big screen adaptation was decent. I think there is potential, but who knows? I guess we'll just have to see.

Every time time I see Assassin's Creed all I can think about is that Jade Raymond comic.

Yeah Lineage is nice if you're a fan (like me). I'll even buy the Bluray when it's release in 3 weeks ;)

Assassin's Creed is one of a very few games that could translate into a movie easily. However there is a rule. That rule is; games turned into movies are filled with atrocious acting, terrible CG and even worse script writing.

It makes me sad that they are going to repeat this with such an amazing game. :(

God I hope they don't tarnish this great game series with a "Doom" like movie. I've always thought this game would make a great movie or even a TV series, if done right. I can only hope a great director, great actors, and a great cgi team all get paired up in making this happen.

Michael Bay! And it takes place on the moon! In the dark!

EXPLOSIONS OMG WTF IT'S CRAZY

This seems like a game that'd translate well to a movie, provided its done right. (Which it so rarely is.)

Yea but generally speaking video game movies are not done right. There are a few that had great potential. Tomb Raider, Max Payne, Hit Man, etc could have been good.

Back