Thermaltake Level 10 GT $70 Off!

HardOCP News

[H] News
Starting now until November 30th, 2011, Thermaltake is lowering the price of its Level 10 GT case by $70! The case is available now at many of your favorite online retailers like Newegg, TigerDirect, Amazon and more. I just checked the prices via our commissioned buying links and the price is indeed now $199. For those of you unfamiliar with the features of the Level 10 GT, you can see our evaluation here.

Thermaltake America today announces the recommended retail price of the popular Level 10 GT full-featured gaming chassis, will be reduced from $269.99 to $199.99 for a limited time until November 30, 2011. The Level 10 GT chassis has made a major mark in the performance gaming community with its unique design inspired by working with BMW DesignworksUSA to create a chassis that not only catches the eye but has unique lines that cannot be mistaken for any other. The inclusion of Multiple Colorshift fans enhances the chassis ability to dissipate enough heat to handle even the most monstrous gaming rigs. Add to this the inclusion of dual front panel USB 3.0 connections that connect via an internal 20 pin header means that users have the ability to use the newest technology with ease.

Pass...

Just because it's cool looking doesn't mean it's "cool" working. Anyone who's buying one of these is doing it purely for the aesthetics and I am just not one of those hehe.

Pass...

Just because it's cool looking doesn't mean it's "cool" working. Anyone who's buying one of these is doing it purely for the aesthetics and I am just not one of those hehe.

The case works quite well. It keeps my dual 480s cool and the fans are nearly inaudible.

Pass...

Does this case not work well?

You made a pretty direct statement there. "Anyone who's buying one of these is doing it purely for the aesthetics"
So I guess you must know that the case does not work well.

Or did you just make that up as you where typing it? This is a problem with the internet, people think they can just say things as if the words don't matter. It's degradation of language and thought.

Last edited:
I don't care for its aesthetics personally. Has some cool features, but $199 is still on the high side for a case with a mostly plastic exterior. Plus you'll probably need/want one of these USB 3.0 internal header adapters, so that adds to the cost. Overall it's not a bad choice though, I hope a few peeps buy some though the commissioned links to support the [H]!

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I purchased the Snow Edition a few weeks ago. The one I got did not require an internal header adapter. I believe all the newer ones do not require it.

Does this case not work well?

You made a pretty direct statement there. "Anyone who's buying one of these is doing it purely for the aesthetics"
So I guess you must know that the case does not work well.

Or did you just make that up as you where typing it? This is a problem with the internet, people think they can just say things as if the words don't matter. It's degradation of language and thought.

I wouldn't make the statement if I hadn't had experience with it... The problem with the internet is just as much ignorance as it is assumption.

Specific dislikes:

- Too much plastic! It just didn't feel quality to me (specifically the drive trays and cumbersome side fan panel) for the price my baby brother paid.

- The rear PCIe slots were obstructed on the right side for the Killer NIC I was installing and also did not allow for a 2nd DVI connector for dual monitor without carving some of the plastic off to make it fit.

- Drive bays will only work for SATA and this case may not be a good choice for those wanting to use SAS, legacy interfaces, or wanting to have it for 5+ years when the next interface type comes out to replace Serial ATA.

- The 200mm side fan, while offering fins to direct airflow, is difficult to set "correctly". I literally had to use candle smoke to determine its best orientation with all the components in. Even then, it felt as though there were some heat pockets building up in the top corners and the lack of more speed options other than "low" and "high" kinda sucked.

Even if my points above can be invalidated as being personal taste, you cannot deny the fact that there are at least a dozen other choices out there that offer the same or better experience for less money.

Pass...

'aesthetics' really?
obviously 'aesthetics' is subjective experience, personally i find this case one of the ugliest things i've ever slapped eyes on. it looks something like what a 'special needs' child might throw together if given a boat load of lego and ritalin.

if you're gonna spend decent money on case, has to be made out of aluminium.

'aesthetics' really?
obviously 'aesthetics' is subjective experience, personally i find this case one of the ugliest things i've ever slapped eyes on. it looks something like what a 'special needs' child might throw together if given a boat load of lego and ritalin.

if you're gonna spend decent money on case, has to be made out of aluminium.

To each there own. I have owned multiple Aluminum cases and didn't have a good experience with any of them so I won't go back. The quality is always sub par, the rails and the like are always cheesy, the aluminum bends too easy, just not pleasant. 3 of which were Lian Li which is suppose to be held in high regard, I think they make cheap crap.

That said I don't like this case either :).

Back