Schmidt And Jobs Weren't Pals After All

HardOCP News

[H] News
Although Schmidt makes it seem like they were buddies and Jobs' new bio says the opposite, I'm sure the truth is somewhere in the middle.

"I'm willing to go thermonuclear war on this," Jobs told Isaacson about Apple's patent lawsuit filed against cell phone manufacturer HTC. "Our lawsuit is saying, 'Google you f***ing ripped off the iPhone, wholesale ripped us off. I will spend my last dying breath if I need to, and I will spend every penny of Apple's $40 billion in the bank, to right this wrong. I'm going to destroy Android, because it's a stolen product."

How did it go again?

"Good artists copy, great artists steal." - steve jobs? Yeah, talk about retarded.

Everything Jobs ever came up with was a "stolen product". That's not to say there's anything inherently wrong with taking an existing idea and putting your own spin on it, but it's typical Jobs hypocrisy for him to make a stink about it when he's on the other side of it.

Ah, Steve Jobs. Innovator, Genius and Jesus... but more predominantly thief, hypocrite and douchebag.

This is just more sensationalist crap that cnet is spewing to market the book that is being sold by CBS who runs CNET.

"Disclosure: Simon & Schuster, the publisher of the upcoming Steve Jobs biography, is owned by CBS. CNET News is published by CBS Interactive, a unit of CBS."

From everything I've seen so far about this book about his life, it seems like Jobs reaching out from the grave taking one last swipe at all his competitors. While everyone (Gates, Schmidt, etc) is being respectful and praising the man's accomplishments Jobs (from the grave) can call them all down to the dirt. There's speculation that he knew he didn't have long left and so pushed to get the biography filled with as much anger and spiteful attacks on his competitors as he could. His last rant. Utterly childish.

The iPhone was Jobs' invention. It's only natural he wanted to protect it. Jobs was doing his thing in Cupertino. He wanted to make the world a better place. Schmidt and Google are an evil gang trying to take over the world and rule with an iron fist like Sauron's all seeing eye from Mordor.

Really amazing. The hypocrisy is so obvious, it's almost comical. I think he was just pissed that Android was starting to beat them at their own game. Fanatics follow fanatics, I suppose ...

This is just more sensationalist crap that cnet is spewing to market the book that is being sold by CBS who runs CNET.

Wouldn't be shocked.

Though he may be gone now, his hypocricy will live on for some time.

"Disclosure: Simon & Schuster, the publisher of the upcoming Steve Jobs biography, is owned by CBS. CNET News is published by CBS Interactive, a unit of CBS."

You could go further, CBS is owned by Disney, a certain Mr Jobs was a board member for Disney, after he sold them Pixar.

The amount of jealousy on these forums toward Jobs is so funny.

What jealousy? I'm just tired of everybody continuing to suck this guys dick as if he created life itself. Steve Jobs is an arrogant ass who doesn't care who he fucks over along his way (Steve Wozniak and Jef Raskin are prime examples of this).

Because combining an icon based touch interface in a world where icon-based GUIs have been common for the past two decades is "theft."

:rolleyes:

this one time apple stole a ton of features from google and put it into the IOS 5

Thanks Steve, you make me smile. Rest in hell

You people need to stop drinking the Haterade! Have some respect, at least his company isn't tracking every breath you take like facebook.

You people need to stop drinking the Haterade! Have some respect, at least his company isn't tracking every breath you take like facebook.

If you took away the hate, these haters would have nothing left of their shallow, morbid lives.

Jobs, you're a fucking hypocrite that's what you are. Hoping to create an ecosystem the reflect your envisioned paradise, hah. You almost got there, at the cost of biting your own ass.

What the fuck does that have to do with the price of rice in china?

LULZ Oh my god that is the funnyist thing that has ever come out of the anitchrist (AKA Steve jobs the devil demon) mouth.

You mean like when apple stole the IDEA for HTC about making a fucking PDA phone like idea back in 2002 with HTC's wallaby. I loved my fucking wallaby.

HTC_Wallaby.jpg

Given 11 years of chip advancements from the cell phone chip makers of the world being made smaller by them and the fact capactive touch screens was not ready for widespread use and the OS being windows CE the fucking wallby is the god damn iphone of 2002.

The attenna sticking out was needed in 2002 since Wifi bluetooth/ cell parts was fucking huge back then.

http://www.xda-developers.com/windows-mobile/legacy-devices-article-series-htc-wallaby/

LULZ what world are you living in apple tracks your every move and wants to make you there mindless bitch slave because steve jobs the fucking antichrist wills it to be and al the fucking apple hipsters in his slave army anwsers his call.

Hell they still do it even when he is burning in hell.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articl...triggers-congressional-hearings-lawsuits.html

Jobs didn't have a lot of respect for anyone when talking to the guy writing that biography so why should anyone have respect for him? All the big tech names have been respectful of him since his death but this book is Jobs taking his swipe at them all from the grave.

So when Jobs steals ideas and products, it's magical.

Yeah thats the good old RDF at work...whats unfortunate is that the distortion field didn't die with him.

Guy was an asshole, every post about him now reminds me that hes dead, so I don't feel so pissed about having to read another post about crApple lol :D

That's some irrational butt hurt right there.

My grid of icons! You stoles them! My precious!

What a tool.

"Good artists copy, great artists steal." - Steve Jobs

http://gizmodo.com/5483914/steve-jobs-1996-good-artists-copy-great-artists-steal

It was already quoted in this thread however, it deserves to be stated again considering the subject.

And this is the same man that said Bill Gates was unimaginative in his biography. I give Jobs respect for what he accomplished but this guy was supposed to have been some great innovator? So smart that he tried to cure pancreatic cancer on his own and ended up killing himself? Then this stuff comes out right after his death, as though he's spitting in people's faces and of course they can't defend themselves from the drivel because it's bad manners to speak ill of the recently departed. Just low class on the timing, which was no doubt EXACTLY what Jobs wanted being the control freak that he was.

But I do guess that Jobs was right about Gates, he is pretty unimaginative. I'm pretty sure that Gates would have never imagined a special diet would cure pancreatic cancer.

so everyone here hates apple and steve jobs because they steal ideas?

I don't hate Steve Jobs. He obviously had a tremendous impact of technology, particularly in the area of usability, I simply don't think that he's some sort of transcendental genesis that saw over everyone's shoulders. He definitely was gifted when it came to creating hype about gadgets, and I don't mean that in a derogatory manner as getting people interested and engaged in technology is VERY important in getting people to USE technology, and if people don't use something then all the magic in the world is for naught.

Likewise I don't think Gates was a transcendental genesis either, but he had a very grand vision of computers and what they could actually do to solve problems and how to monetize that business on a large scale. Again, VERY important in real world of capitalism where people are driven by money.

So two men, each with different strengths and weaknesses and both critically important to the technology landscape that exists today.

Back