Adobe Working on Fix For Webcam Spying Vulnerability

HardOCP News

[H] News
Adobe, no longer content with its software having normal vulnerabilities, decided it is cool to allow websites to access your webcam to secretly record you. :eek: The company says it is currently working on a fix.

As if we needed more reason to run a flash blocking plugin. It does seem to require lots of clicking, but none the less a serious issue.

Hmmm, unless you're using a Mac you should be safe.

According to his post: "I’ve confirmed that it works in the Firefox and Safari for Mac browsers. Use one of those if you check out the live demo. There’s a weird CSS opacity bug in most other browsers (Chrome for Mac and most browsers on Windows/Linux)."

This has been making the rounds for awhile: Just a little slow, adobe. Always use noscript, flashblock or greasemonkey when browsing the web.

Yes.... It needs a "Fix"... This is certainly NOT by design.....

Hmmm, unless you're using a Mac you should be safe.

According to his post: "I’ve confirmed that it works in the Firefox and Safari for Mac browsers. Use one of those if you check out the live demo. There’s a weird CSS opacity bug in most other browsers (Chrome for Mac and most browsers on Windows/Linux)."

Yeah, I caught that at first too. it occurs in every version of flash on most browsers he tested it on except for Chrome for Mac and most browsers in Windows. So basically this ia a adobe + apple only issue. however it does sound like it could be more to only being that way due to a flaw in how windows and chrome on the mac tries to handle opacity so it doesn't work how it is should be

On the one I have (on the lid of something) it has a shutter you can use to manually cover it...

Back