The New iPhone 4S Versus A .50 cal

Pillaging Earths resources using de facto 3rd world slavery only to shoot the end product with our guns is perhaps the most truly American pastime.

Wish I had access to his camera equipment. We would be shooting all kinds of shit besides HDs.

God bless the 2nd Amendment. That's all I can say.

Now I just need to convince my employers to move the business out of the idiot nanny state of Illinois

While it's fun to see a .50 shoot at any time, I HATE these "blend it, shoot it, blow it up" video's. They are just plain silly.

Wow, thats some camera. that round is pretty high velocity and you can see it clearly

I guess you can use that to hunt Elephants... LOL

Loved the video!

That would be reserved for the .700 Nitro Express. Unfortunately your prize will have to be stuffed into a Campbells soup can.

-700-nitro-express.jpg

I don't get it. I can see blowing-up used hardware..hardware that has frustrated you in some way. But a perfectly good phone? And you can see the dude was a little upset that his first shot didn't do so much damage.

I say iPhone 1 - .50cal 0.

Meh.

One of my biggest pet peeves is when people show off... Try to make themselves look big in some way. it's really just another form of vanity.

This video serves the sole purpose of this douche showing off his almost $10,000 Barrett M82, his probably more expensive camera equipment AND the fact that he has enough money to not care at all about blowing up new tech.

What a winner :rolleyes:

This bothers me almost more than the "*BANG* woohoooo" culture. Jesus Christ people. Show some refinement. This is a 21st century tech forum, not some wild west meat head show.

Zarathustra[H];1037899649 said:
This bothers me almost more than the "*BANG* woohoooo" culture. Jesus Christ people. Show some refinement. This is a 21st century tech forum, not some wild west meat head show.

You must be new here.

Zarathustra[H];1037899659 said:
You do have a point.

And this is why the rest of the world hates us.

The world hates us because we need goods and Chinese laborers need jobs? Or the gun thing?

I dont see whats the point of these things. Does destroying a brand new 4S look any cooler than doing the same to any other much cheaper phone?

That would be reserved for the .700 Nitro Express. Unfortunately your prize will have to be stuffed into a Campbells soup can.

-700-nitro-express.jpg

It's hard to laugh at something that is so grammatically incorrect. What is it with people not being able to write the language they speak?

It's hard to laugh at something that is so grammatically incorrect. What is it with people not being able to write the language they speak?

People bragging about their e-peens generally aren't known for their vast grammar and spelling skills.

Very satisfying, but he needs Russian accent to make it all better. As always, have nice day!

The world hates us because we need goods and Chinese laborers need jobs? Or the gun thing?

Or because we abuse countries with weaker labor protections than ours as cheap slave labor, and then are wasteful with what they produce.

Doesn't that seem wrong on at least some level to you?

Zarathustra[H];1037900045 said:
Or because we abuse countries with weaker labor protections than ours as cheap slave labor, and then are wasteful with what they produce.

No way bro. People Eating Tasty Animals.

Zarathustra[H];1037899649 said:
Meh.

One of my biggest pet peeves is when people show off... Try to make themselves look big in some way. it's really just another form of vanity.

This video serves the sole purpose of this douche showing off his almost $10,000 Barrett M82, his probably more expensive camera equipment AND the fact that he has enough money to not care at all about blowing up new tech.

What a winner :rolleyes:

you sound like you're crying out your asshole. feeling a little butt hurt? care for some preparation-H?

This is [H]ardForum. Shooting new tech with a .50BMG with slow motion HD cameras is [H]ard! :D

Abuse? If China doesn't make us IPads, we what, flog them? China does WTF China wants to do. If anyone is enslaving Chinese peasants its China. And by the way, their economy is very largely based on what other countries buy. Imagine how poor China would be without their massive exports. China's growth? Our money. Its wealth distribution, in THEIR favor.

Zarathustra[H];1037899659 said:
You do have a point.

And this is why the rest of the world hates us.

or because iPhone or enemy nation, either can end up on the receiving end of our .50 cals if they fuck with us....Siri clearly instigated this one.

Well, it's quite different than slave labor. Most factory workers in China are making a lot more than they would have been without these jobs. Without the billions upon billions of dollars flowing from our pockets into the Chinese economy, they wouldn't be as well off as they are today. It's a free market revolution over there. That said, I don't much care for labor outsourcing.

Sure, the video is wasteful. I can walk down the street and see someone eating 4 hamburgers, fries and a milkshake when I know there are people starving probably a few miles away. We can't make being selfish a crime.

Some will watch the video and say "This is what is wrong with the US". Well, it isn't. One guy with a gun doesn't represent you or I. He used his own dollars to do something silly.

Too much hand wringing over something that really doesn't matter.

Abuse? If China doesn't make us IPads, we what, flog them? China does WTF China wants to do. If anyone is enslaving Chinese peasants its China. And by the way, their economy is very largely based on what other countries buy. Imagine how poor China would be without their massive exports. China's growth? Our money. Its wealth distribution, in THEIR favor.

This is a vary naive view on the subject.

China is a country of 1.3 billion people, give or take a 100 million. Only about 25 million of these people have jobs in private industry. The vast majority are still living in rather extreme poverty. In 2009 as many as 150 million families were living on $1.25 a day. The cost of living is lower there, but not THAT much lower.

The only chance most Chinese have of escaping abject poverty is in one of the private companies.

Since the are are only jobs for less than 2 percent of all Chinese in these private companies, the competition for these jobs are fierce, to the point where all the negotiating leverage is on the employers side. The extreme case of an employers market. because of this, the employer can (and usually does) demand pretty much anything. If you don't like it? See ya, we'll find someone else. 100 hour work weeks, not allowed to leave the company dormitories, have to buy everything in the company store, etc. etc. etc. It's all the bad stuff from the industrial revolution here in the U.S.

Essentially these people are serfs. As close to being slaves as you can possibly be, without being a slave. They either abide by unsafe working and living conditions or get tossed back out to the filth in the farm countryside they came from. (which apparently is worse than the filth in the company dorm).

Why their so called "communist workers party" hasn't enacted any kind of labor protections is beyond me.

You can call this "captialism working" or whatever you want, but in the grand scheme of things, we are abusing the fact that these people are so poor they will do ANYTHING for a buck and the fact that their country does not have modern labor laws.

At the very least these multinational corporations should be paying them a wage that offers them the same standard of living as we enjoy here, and offer them the same kind of labor protections (safety, workmans comp, etc.) as we offer here. It would still be a fraction of the cost of producing here at home as the cost of living is much lower there.

If you treated workers in the U.S., like china is treating their workers, you would go to jail. Deservedly so.

I just don't understand how the people who make the decisions to move their production to china and other third world countries can sleep at night.

Sure, their fiduciary responsibility requires that they maximize shareholder value, but that can only be an excuse for so long. Where do they draw the line? Would they kill for maximized shareholder value as well?

Pillaging Earths resources using de facto 3rd world slavery only to shoot the end product with our guns is perhaps the most truly American pastime.
Yet here you are typing on a computer and using other internet hardware located across the globe that is all made using 3rd world slavery and pillaged earth resources. You were either trolling or are a really dumb environmentalist.

At last a use for all the worthless apple products in the world.

I'm with Z on most of this. But hey that's what you get with a large Communist nation that shouldn't be one.

Zarathustra[H];1037900362 said:

The situation there is definitely not ideal, but I don't think shooting a phone is any kind of symptom of evil. There are many consumers here that try to leverage American labor and manufacturing by buying our own goods at a higher cost. This doesn't do anything to alleviate any problems your average Chinese laborer is having, though. At least in the short run.

The situation there is definitely not ideal, but I don't think shooting a phone is any kind of symptom of evil. There are many consumers here that try to leverage American labor and manufacturing by buying our own goods at a higher cost. This doesn't do anything to alleviate any problems your average Chinese laborer is having, though. At least in the short run.

Fair enough.

I hadn't necessarily intended to go down this tangent, and I agree its not strictly related to the original link, but somehow we wound up here anyway.

Zarathustra[H];1037900362 said:
This is a vary naive view on the subject.

You are naive if you think the US consumer has SHIT ALL to do with the quality of life of the average Chinese Citizen. China does what China wants. They have no interest in OSHA or unions or any of the feel-good bullshit we have here, which is why the US can't remain competitive anymore when it comes to building things.

I don't understand all the hate. How much is wasted on every TV show or movie that serves no purpose but to entertain? What's ~$500 (whatever a 4S is) compared to any other thing used for entertainment?

I don't understand all the hate. How much is wasted on every TV show or movie that serves no purpose but to entertain? What's ~$500 (whatever a 4S is) compared to any other thing used for entertainment?

Its a stupid reason for people to bash Americans and cry about the injustice in the world.

People crying about waste look at how much companies waste on lazy workers or marketing campaigns that are hundreds of millions of dollars.. NOW GO BITCH ABOUT THAT.

While the cool kids take our guns out to shoot some shit up.

Back