Samsung S23A700D 120Hz

RPGWiZaRD

[H]ard|Gawd
No thread on these? They seem very attractive to me, available in sweden at least as I saw a few who have bought it and seemed to really like the colors on these and input lag seems to have measured to around 12 ms which is low/unnoticable. It's glossy but it appears Samsung have put some kind of anti-glare coating on it to reduce the reflections a bit but you still get the more "vivid" colors of glossy screens.

http://www.samsung.com/africa_en/co...d/LS23A700DS/XA/index.idx?pagetype=prd_detail

Any opinions? I think the monitor itself looks really sleek and beautiful, very thin bezels too and it's reasonably cheap, like 3000 SEK in Sweden, which should correspond to $300 or so USD. Looks like it has the potential to be THE 23~24" 120Hz monitor of choice.

Last edited:
Could you link us to those measurements? I haven't seen anything about the S23A700 on the internet and they still aren't available in Australia :(

I don't think this is popular as it looks like a region-specific monitor. I'm browsing the American site and it looks like we have the S23A750D instead. They look like they have the same specs though.

Aren't most 120hz monitors with 2ms - 5ms? 12ms is quite high...

Input lag not response time.

Updated topic to contain the different models, I must say the 700 model looks a bit better appearence wise than 750 IMO. Will see if I can find measurements, was based on a comment from some1 else.

EDIT: I actually believe the 700D and 750D are separate products and seems like it's just the built-in reciever or whatever that's the difference so 700D is the one you want if you're just interested in 120Hz 2D gaming. US will probably get these later, Sweden often seems to get monitors available even 2 weeks before US sometimes, same story with the BenQ, or was that even 3 weeks? :p

EDIT: I see a few sites in Germany listing the 700D for as low as 229 EUR (The 750D is as much as 345 EUR lowest).... hope that's not a price that will be "fixed" as they get more readily availability... That would mean like around $250 in the US market which seems like an unbeatable price for what looks to be a good 23" 120Hz monitor.

Last edited:
Interesting. I looks like a few stores in the UK have them in stock and they're going for roughly £290 - £300.

I'd like to see a proper review on these because at that price it's not going to win me over the cheaper Asus VG236HE...

Quality is quite good on these line of monitors though, wouldn't be shocked if it turns out as good as the 950 series. Will have to wait for a review to see.

Interesting. I looks like a few stores in the UK have them in stock and they're going for roughly £290 - £300.

I'd like to see a proper review on these because at that price it's not going to win me over the cheaper Asus VG236HE...

Yea well it seems a little pricey in the UK atm, it's definitely cheaper in Sweden and Germany. Like I said there's 3 sites selling the 23A700D in Germany for only 229 EUR while cheapest price on the ASUS in Germany is 243 EUR atm....

You sure that you're looking at the right model not the 750D which is around that price yea which is another one, well it might very well be same panel and stuff minus the built-in receiver in the stand...

You sure that you're looking at the right model not the 750D which is around that price yea which is another one, well it might very well be same panel and stuff minus the built-in receiver in the stand...

The S23A750D's are priced closer to £400 here. It's just ridiculous.

Seeing as the 700D's have only just been in, they'll probably drop in price later.

The S23A750D's are priced closer to £400 here. It's just ridiculous.

Seeing as the 700D's have only just been in, they'll probably drop in price later.

OK ic... idd that's ridiculous! :eek: Well not any worse than Finnish pricing but then again I've been used to that, UK usually has a little lower prices than here at least.

I am confused here. the S23A750D does not have dvi-d which I thought was needed for true 120hz.

This thread is mainly about S23A700D not S23A750D though to make it clear. 700D comes with dvi-d and hdmi.

read the OP again

S23A700D / S23A750D 120Hz

Yea I know I was the one who started it. :p It was meant to be about 700D really, then changed the topic only cuz some1 started talking about 750D and thought that was like the corresponding product for US market which it didn't turn out to be the case...

700D is a lot more attractive anyways, like $100 cheaper.

don't think so, just get an adapter.

Pretty sure the 12ms value refered to in this thread is the input lag numbers I got from the S27A950D in my review: http://wecravegamestoo.com/forums/gadgetry-electronics-discussion/8220-samsung-s27a950d-review.html

I also stated that the value would be off, my method is not 100% accurate, but it is better than 95% of real "review" sites. PRAD.de is currently the only site to measure input lag correctly. The actual value will be lower than 12ms, probably closer to 2ms which seems to be the typical amount of lag for monitors w/o resolution scalers. Pretty much any panel w/o a scaler is going to have almost no input lag.

Would you tell me please what are the exact differences between this and the 23a750d.

Would you tell me please what are the exact differences between this and the 23a750d.

AFAIK lack of built in IR-receiver as well as the displayport has been changed for DVI-D in 700D so it's a little cheaper similar to BenQ XL2420T and XL2420TX. If you're only interested in buying a 120Hz monitor for 2D 120Hz gaming then the 700D makes more sense, they both use the same panels and personally I find the 750D stand a bit ugly while the 700D is among the sexiest looking monitors for me. xD

Last edited:
Why can't I set position of this monitor? Setting is greyed out. On XBOX & PC via display port I have this slight line on top of the screen, like the monitor ran out of space up top. If I put my mouse cursor up there you can see a reflection of it above it. Anyone have any idea what this could be? Just got this dang thing.

AFAIK lack of built in IR-receiver as well as the displayport has been changed for DVI-D in 700D so it's a little cheaper similar to BenQ XL2420T and XL2420TX. If you're only interested in buying a 120Hz monitor for 2D 120Hz gaming then the 700D makes more sense, they both use the same panels and personally I find the 750D stand a bit ugly while the 700D is among the sexiest looking monitors for me. xD

Thanks for that info. I would just be looking for a monitor for 120hz 2d.

This just became available in Canada yesterday, but we've never had anything other than the S27A950D here previously so it's all rather unpredictable.

Would it kill Samsung to make an adjustable height stand? Between this, no compatibility with VESA, and the price ($400), it's hard to justify buying it over the Asus VG236.

Hi guys,

i recently bought this monitor and i took some pics in order to show you backlight bleed level:

brightness 0%

brightness 50%

brightness 100%

What do you think about this?

My 750d doesn't have near the bleeding that your experiencing there. I only have a tiny bit on one side, and none of the pinching that you have on the right side there. Apparently these monitors are kinda hit or miss when it comes to backlight bleeding. In another thread, a guy posted pics of his 950d and it had really bad pinching and bleeding.

My 700D had plenty of bleed sadly. Ended up returning it and eating the fee, as between that and the colour shifting of a TN panel I just couldn't stomach keeping it. I suppose I've become too accustomed to IPS.

Could someone please summarize the differences between the A700D, A750D, and A950D? Do all three use the same panel/screen but just differ in appearance and features/connections?

Could someone please summarize the differences between the A700D, A750D, and A950D? Do all three use the same panel/screen but just differ in appearance and features/connections?

A700D: Has a different appearence (sleeker look), doesn't have built-in IR receiver and has the display port input changed for DVI-D compared to A750D and thus is around 30~$40 or so cheaper in average in Europe compared to 750D. Makes especially sense if you're interested in using it for 120Hz 2D.

750D and 950D should be the same I suppose minus different design and size.

All of them seem to use the same panels.

Last edited:
A700D: Has a different appearence (sleeker look), doesn't have built-in IR receiver and has the display port input changed for DVI-D compared to A750D and thus is around 20~$40 or so cheaper in average in Europe compared to 750D. Makes especially sense if you're interested in using it for 120Hz 2D.

750D and 950D should be the same I suppose minus different design and size.

All of them seem to use the same panels.
Well, the 750D is out because it uses DisplayPort. Between the 700D and the 950D, the only differences are in appearance? The picture quality will be the same between the two? Both are glossy screens? Why is the 950D more expensive than the 700D?

Well, the 750D is out because it uses DisplayPort. Between the 700D and the 950D, the only differences are in appearance? The picture quality will be the same between the two? Both are glossy screens? Why is the 950D more expensive than the 700D?

950D is 27", 700D 23". Don't think anything else is different, both feature same kind of coating, it's glossy but with some special anti-glare coating which reduces the glare slightly while still keeping the vibrant colors of glossy screens. I've seen pics that there's still reflections seen when room is very bright but it's a little improvement compared to say the ASUS glossy 120Hz LCD for example.

950D is 27", 700D 23". Don't think anything else is different, both feature same kind of coating, it's glossy but with some special anti-glare coating which reduces the glare slightly while still keeping the vibrant colors of glossy screens. I've seen pics that there's still reflections seen when room is very nright but it's a little improvement compared to say the ASUS glossy 120Hz LCD for example.
Thanks. But I was talking about the S23A700D and the S23A950D. What makes the S23A950D more expensive than the S23A700D?

There is very little information available about the 700d currently, its mostly on non-english sites at the moment. It was announced internationaly for October, but even that date was missed, who knows when it'll hit the US officially.

Back