Anyone heard of "Easy Mount LCD"? Triple monitor stand

Kueller

Supreme [H]ardness
So I've been looking for a triple monitor stand that doesn't cost as much as another monitor itself...and having marginal success. Tyke's triples are close but not quite right (too small with swing arms, solid arm version has no concavity). Chief, Ergotron, XFX ect are all a bit too pricey.

Which brings me to this:
http://shop.easymountlcd.com/Deluxe...tor-Stand-Desktop-Clamp-up-to-28-002-0019.htm

The price is right, the design looks just like any number of other concave solid arm mounts...but I can't find them on reseller ratings or even mentioned on any forums. What do you think, should I take the plunge and be the guinea pig for this thing?

I've looked at them before as well. They sell on Amazon & ebay with decent reviews. Not sure what else to look at.

Did you get one? I am thinking about getting one and would be interested in what you thought about it.

So I got one and it arrived today. I will try and get pics up tomorrow once I have enough light in the room. But here are some pros and cons for anyone interested:

Pros:
Cheap - $89 plus shipping, mine was $105ish shipped.
Sturdy and well made, seems to be powder coated.
Adjusts very easy at the monitor for rotating or pivoting.
Adjusts easily side to side with a lever locking mechanism.
Took less than an hour to put together including mounting the monitors. Very easy to follow instructions with very little assembly.
Comes with all the necessary hardware.
Easily excepts large monitors. It states up to 28 inch monitors and you could probably go with 30 inch assuming the weight of the three monitors is within in limits.
Easily attaches to the desk.

Cons:
First thing I noticed was that it isn't angled on the side monitors much, probably 15 degrees, but after running a Heaven benchmark it looks like it is adequate, but some may want more of a cockpit feel with greater side angle.
Be prepared to do your own wire management on the arms. It has a hole in the main tube that allows for cables to come through and then two clips for the cables. You then have two wire ties and this all works, but I ended up using my own wire ties to make it look cleaner.

If the sides were adjustable this would probably be the best triple monitor mount for the money and I would argue it still is. To get side adjustable monitor mounts for different angles you have to step up to the $350 range. This cleaned up my desk and makes it very easy for me to switch between landscape and portrait modes. I am very happy with my purchase and definitely would recommend it if you are on a budget.

Thanks for posting back, utnorris... I keep toying with the idea of going for a 3x Dell U2412M setup from my single 3007WFP-HC, and the monitor stand was one of the factors in the decision as far as not spending another monitor's worth on buying one. Any chance you could post a quick picture of what it looks like on your desk? Also, what monitor model do you have :)? It also appears it doesn't have a base, but rather a C-clamp... I'm going to sound dumb, but how does that work? Thanks!

Yeah, I should have some pics posted sometime today for everyone. I use Dell U2211 monitors. It clamps to the desk via a "C" type clamp. It holds quite well and is very sturdy. I was worried about it flexing, but it doesn't at all.

Here are some pics:

Backside

Monitor Mounts

Desk Mount

Some Eyefinity Action

Here is a simple mod I did to get more of an angle out of the mount. It's a 2" x 4" x 4" piece of wood in between the mount and LCD with 2" M4 screws.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Awesome thread guys. I have an Ikea Galant Desk. Does this require me to drill a hole in the desk or it just slides in you clamp it down to secure it?

Some details on the installation instruction would be greatly appreciated.

Also is there any difficulty to get all 3 LCDs to level? I think that's a pretty important aspect to consider as well.

Here is a simple mod I did to get more of an angle out of the mount. It's a 2" x 4" x 4" piece of wood in between the mount and LCD with 2" M4 screws.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

So without that modification, the monitors in the corner will not angle much? If so, that could be a deal breaker. I want the middle LCD to be fully flat and the corner LCDs to angle a bit to make it comfortable to switch to them.

Hmm, I'm very interested in this... I've been looking around a bit and I hadn't seen any desk clamp mount that was anywhere near this cheap and still allowed for landscape/portrait orientation of three screens. I was just about ready to buy three separate wall mounts from Monoprice for about the same price actually.

Any chance you can measure how much clearance you can get below the displays using the top most mount position?

I'll have to extrapolate a bit since I'm using U2412Ms but still... I'd like to have my speakers sitting below them (horizontally) but my desk has a small shelf were the speakers would sit so I'd need the mount to have enough clearance for both. I'd also have to cut a small semi circle into the shelf (since the main desk is sturdier than the shelf for mounting) but it beats drilling into concrete for the wall mounts.

My only other concern would be that the displays could sit too far back into the desk... How much space is there from mount to the back of the center screen?

TIA!

whats the proper angle for the left and right monitors?? i have 3 22" monitors.. thanks

i just ordered a stand from them, got the one with a base since i have a glass desk.

i have 3 24 inch monitors but they were sold out of the mount for the 26 inch ones. hopefully the 28 isn't too big. i wanted to have my stuff setup in portrait so we'll see. i'll post some pics when i get it.

i just ordered a stand from them, got the one with a base since i have a glass desk.

i have 3 24 inch monitors but they were sold out of the mount for the 26 inch ones. hopefully the 28 isn't too big. i wanted to have my stuff setup in portrait so we'll see. i'll post some pics when i get it.

Hmm, I just saw that one... I'm tempted to go for it but I'm gonna have to take some measurements to see how much clearance I'll have underneath, specially in portrait. I think the base one might be easier to place right where I want it on the desk tho, and maybe even more secure than a clamp on an MDF desk.

That one in particular is more expensive ($100) than I'd like but the cheaper one that's out of stock doesn't have that curve to help angle the side screens in so I'd probably pick the more expensive one anyway.

Time to break out the measurement tape...

Hmm, I just saw that one... I'm tempted to go for it but I'm gonna have to take some measurements to see how much clearance I'll have underneath, specially in portrait. I think the base one might be easier to place right where I want it on the desk tho, and maybe even more secure than a clamp on an MDF desk.

That one in particular is more expensive ($100) than I'd like but the cheaper one that's out of stock doesn't have that curve to help angle the side screens in so I'd probably pick the more expensive one anyway.

Time to break out the measurement tape...

I planned on trying out portrait with my 3 asus 24 inch monitors. I'll take some pics it might be able to help you decide on the clearance.

So I recieved the stand, I wish I could post photos but my camera sucks and they all came out like crap. Provided the Galaxy Nexus comes out next week I'll have some pics up shortly.

First impressions:

Its solid, build quality is great.
I have 3 24 inch monitors on the triple 28 inch monitor stand, it isn't overly big. In landscape the monitors cover all of the mounting bar.
In portrait the bars stick out a little.

Minor issue is that the monitors are basically flat while I would prefer a cockpit view.

The support arm is on a slight curve which would give the side monitors a little room to kind of angle in towards the center, BUT the center monitor mount itself sticks out a little bit more than the side monitor mounts. The result is 3 monitors arranged pretty much flat with each other.

If thats what you're looking for then this is perfect for you. If not there's some quick easy fixes.

The center monitor mount can be dissassembled. I removed the part of the arm that lets it tilt both horisontally and vertically, what I was left with is a mount that basically tilt vertically to a small degree. This shaved roughly 2 inches off of the mount, and gave me more of the cockpit view I was hoping for. Its not perfect but its alot better than stock after 5 minutes with a wrench.

The other solution would be to insert a spacer on the side monitors to give you some more room to create a cockpit type view. Again a simple fix, wood and screws wouldn't cost you more than $20 at any hardware store so even after that this is still amazingly cheaper than other triple monitor mounts this size.

So all in all, construction is solid, the mount is very nice. Packaged well and assembly was not difficult. Adjusting monitors is easy (going from landscape to portrait, tilt all works well). You might just have to make a few minor modifications to it if you want a larger tilt angle on your side monitors.

For the price I'm 100% satisfied though.

And again I'm sorry no pics I'll try to grab some when I get home from work, maybe they'll come out better today.

Cool, thanks for sharing your experience with it. Looking forward to the pics whenever. I've managed to fit my three displays on my current desk for now but it isn't ideal, still looking into getting something like this eventually... The price really is great compared to what else there is out there..

I don't think my one 6970 can handle good FPS games w/ 3 x 24" Eyefinity setup. *Sigh* Maybe someone has better experience w/ games on 1xGPU Eyefinity setup?

Sorry to revive this topic but it was mentioned in an earlier post that this stand might be able to support 3 30" monitors. Can anybody confirm this? I ask because I plan to get 2 more HP ZR30w's and I need a stand for 3 monitors, this may be it if it can hold them.

I'm wondering if it'll handle three Asus 27" VG278H. They're only 18lbs each. I'd think would be fine.

can anyone take a picture of the mods to make the monitors have more of a cockpit feel to them?

Back