Motorola Xoom “Family Edition” Starts at $379

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
Motorola is introducing a Family Edition of its Xoom tablet for the introductory price of $379. The tablet comes with Zoodles safe mode for kids preinstalled, which makes the tablet dual mode for kids and for adults to use safely.

“After the kids fall asleep, Motorola XOOM Family Edition lets you get back to work with email access, document editing capabilities with Quickoffice Pro HD, and Web surfing that looks just like a PC”

So... My family cant afford 379.00

*goes back to his 1k laptop...*

Reason we cant afford it is that we buy REAL systems :) *giggle*

Is it more durable? If I'm gonna let me kids play with a $379 tablet it better have some extra durability built in.

My daughter (3 y/o) has been using my Galaxy Tab 10.1 since May. Still in great shape w/ the exceptions of two small scratches on the screen. Unfortunately I can't attribute those to my daughter as they were the result of a friend using it, and letting it slip out of their hand onto a metal wrist watch strap and putting two small scratches on the screen. Aside from that I love the idea of Zoodles pre-installed. My daughter loves it, does drawings, watches videos. Then I get a weekly report card showing all the pictures she drew. Not to mention she has managed to learn her ABCs on the tablet.

Much more reasonable & less likely to get damaged IMO than a laptop w/ touch pad..

Back