Woman Accidentally Texts Drug Deal To Police

HardOCP News

[H] News
And the award for "Stupid Criminal of the Day" goes to.....this lady.

Amy Leigh Brown was arrested last Thursday night after she allegedly sent a police officer a text message asking if he wanted to buy pills of the anxiety drug Xanax. After receiving Brown's message, the McDowell County officer set up a meeting at a nearby truck stop. Brown attempted to delete all the text messages from her phone, but the officer called the number that sent the messages and Brown's phone rang. Authorities found 25 pills in Brown's possession. The "McDowell News" says Brown is now charged with one felony count of possession with intent to sell and deliver a Schedule Four controlled substance.

Stories like this should really come with full pictures and a posting to a national "Wall of Shame". :D

ts-simpsons_nelson_haha3.jpg

Text messages are not protected. All your text messages may be identified without warrant. This goes for divorce and other civil proceedings as well.

Not unlike these two guys on Smoking Gun's show that basically butt-dialed 911 in the middle of their drug deal and could be heard clear as day on the recording.

Text messages are not protected. All your text messages may be identified without warrant. This goes for divorce and other civil proceedings as well.

Except the police didn't need to look into her phone. She texted them herself!

so how did she have this cops number to begin with? ..

My guess was probably accidentally typing to the wrong contact.

Probably a mom of teenage kids with a school resource officer or something as a contact in her phone, and typed the message to the wrong contact.

I've done this a few times, but it usually results in being made fun of by one of my asshat friends for telling them (instead of my wife) that i'd be home late. :p

Luckily nothing embarrassing has been sent to the wrong number yet.

Zarathustra[H];1037878386 said:
My guess was probably accidentally typing to the wrong contact.

Probably a mom of teenage kids with a school resource officer or something as a contact in her phone, and typed the message to the wrong contact.

I've done this a few times, but it usually results in being made fun of by one of my asshat friends for telling them (instead of my wife) that i'd be home late. :p

Luckily nothing embarrassing has been sent to the wrong number yet.

Also meant to mention, she was probably a novice, selling off some of her excess prescriptions or something like that :p

I love stories like this. Nothing is funnier than some pill pusher getting themselves caught.

Pfft .. all the good stuff is in schedule two.

At least it wasn't oxy or something like that - some states add on a ton of years for that drug.

Xanax is worse than alcohol, cigs and FOR SURE, marijuana without a doubt.... yet remains "legal" and can be found on any city corner for $2 a pop.... horrible, mind-fucking drug that should be banned (speaking from experience)

Good riddance to the dumb bitch, honestly.....

Back