Anonymous Threatens NYSE

HardOCP News

[H] News
Anonymous has now decided to threaten the New York Stock Exchange. We're not really sure what is up with all the threats-but-no-action lately but I think the mass arrests might have something to do with that. ;)

The voice, flat and idiomatic, concluded, "Those who are going to be part of the attack have a message to the NYSE: We have you because we don't like you. We are all anonymous. We are all one legion. We do not forgive. We do not forget. NYSE, expect those of us who plan to destroy you."

Doubtful. The world's best computer scientists work on wall street, as sad as that is.

Doubtful. The world's best computer scientists work on wall street, as sad as that is.

Currently working as an IT consultant for a company heavily involved with Wall Street, can't get into more specifics than that.

I can say that I make very good money and the full timers here doing similar work are pulling probably at least double, maybe triple, what I am. Money brings them in.

Uhm last I checked its Columbus Day, hence the banks being closed. So Columbus had Anonymous beat by 519 years to pull this off ;)

I wonder if these people could help me with the crappy radio stations and the Commercial music and take down there sites and play badass music only kinda lieks pandora does LULZ Merry Christmas roflcopterz :p

Uhm last I checked its Columbus Day, hence the banks being closed. So Columbus had Anonymous beat by 519 years to pull this off ;)

Credit Unions aren't closed today though. At least mine isn't.

I don't think they have to do anything...have they even seen what stocks are doing at the moment? They are already going down on their own ;)

So can we assassinate these people now? Please? If I were the president I would have CIA button men all over them and their families. Just Saying.

Oh please let these fools try something. They screw with wall street an they're gonna bring so much pain on themselves, they won't know what hit them.

I'm REALLY scared now, I just crapped on the floor, my life is over!

popcorn-1.gif

Yeah, never gonna happen.

Oh please let these fools try something. They screw with wall street an they're gonna bring so much pain on themselves, they won't know what hit them.

they can't possibly hurt 'the 99%' more than wall st already did

not that I expect anything to happen

If they did they'd be cashing in on it like everyone else. Not this attention whoring shit.

Banks might be closed, but the network is 24/7, I don't think Anon was planning on actually robbing the bank, leave that kinda stuff to clowns with school buses.

Whether or not these fools are up to the task, this should be considered a threat to national security. It would awesome if they could be, oh I don't know,be counter-hacked,so to speak, and have all of there identities and personal information exposed to the public. Then hire a private security firm (mercenaries) to wipe them off the face of the earth. The federal government would handle the transactions with our tax money through various clandestine philanthropic organizations thus keeping their hands clean from liability. These people should be considered as terrorist (regardless of how hollow their threats maybe) and we all know how terrorists are and should be dealt with.

Whether or not these fools are up to the task, this should be considered a threat to national security. It would awesome if they could be, oh I don't know,be counter-hacked,so to speak, and have all of there identities and personal information exposed to the public. Then hire a private security firm (mercenaries) to wipe them off the face of the earth. The federal government would handle the transactions with our tax money through various clandestine philanthropic organizations thus keeping their hands clean from liability. These people should be considered as terrorist (regardless of how hollow their threats maybe) and we all know how terrorists are and should be dealt with.

These guys aren't going to do it. Heck, even if they did, it wouldn't amount to much. They might be able to slow down trading, but there's too much record-keeping done (on different systems) to give them much power. The laughable thing is that if they wanted to help people they would take apart the high speed interchange that allows trading houses to handle pure computerized buying for the house. Take out those high speed computers / links and level the field.

As far as the rest, meh, I doubt it. Nor would I care to have it happen. A little revolution now and then is a good thing. Heck, I'd rather get rid of authoritarians / fascists than anarchists. Anarchists are annoying, but far less dangerous than the flip side.

About time. I was wondering how long the script to "V" was going to take to come to fruition.
Or were you all planning to wait until Wall St. elite have finished frac'in the middle class into dust?

Let me unfilter/translate:

"Fear us, we are all one legion, except for those who are not at the moment, but maybe later they will be, hang on a sec, my mom is bringing me pizza pockets. Anyways, we're Anonymous... well some of us, and we have a message for the New York Stock Exchange, WE DON'T LIKE SOMETHING! We're not sure what it is, but I'm going to use my iPad and update Facebook about it when we figure it out."

Oh yes, destroy the stock market. That'll help our country.

It will. eliminating banks and the nyse will hugely help your country (in the long run). yes at first it would cause mass chaos but do you not see the unprecedented uneven distribution of wealth in your country where 0.01% of the population makes all the laws to suit themselves and enslave the other 99.99%? A system where the people who pointlessly push around money make more money that those people who make things, invent things and are of a measurable benefit to society. blow up the banks and guillotine every last illuminati (or whatever they're called today).

Oh yes, destroy the stock market. That'll help our country.

I don't think the average person like me wants them to be successful, or even remotely thinks that they would be. I just like to see the trees shake once in a while.

Let me unfilter/translate:

"Fear us, we are all one legion, except for those who are not at the moment, but maybe later they will be, hang on a sec, my mom is bringing me pizza pockets. Anyways, we're Anonymous... well some of us, and we have a message for the New York Stock Exchange, WE DON'T LIKE SOMETHING! We're not sure what it is, but I'm going to use my iPad and update Facebook about it when we figure it out."

Sounds like they've got it pretty well figured out to me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2yRVaa8suc

It will. eliminating banks and the nyse will hugely help your country (in the long run). yes at first it would cause mass chaos but do you not see the unprecedented uneven distribution of wealth in your country where 0.01% of the population makes all the laws to suit themselves and enslave the other 99.99%? A system where the people who pointlessly push around money make more money that those people who make things, invent things and are of a measurable benefit to society. blow up the banks and guillotine every last illuminati (or whatever they're called today).

That's all well and good, but the Illuminati as you put it would get everything fixed up and pass any and all short-term chaos on to the common man while experiencing minimal fallout of their own.

Again, ineffective. That should be Anonymous' tagline: "Ridiculously Ineffectual"

They have yet to create any real change. They are good at riling people up with massive, but vague, general discontent, but nothing ever gets done. All the wannabe activists get bored and move on when they realize that all their holleirng is for nothing because the people in charge aren't listening.

Fact: For real change you need to change your leadership.

And if you can't unseat that leadership in an election... you have to step things up beyond protesting.

These guys aren't going to do it. Heck, even if they did, it wouldn't amount to much. They might be able to slow down trading, but there's too much record-keeping done (on different systems) to give them much power. The laughable thing is that if they wanted to help people they would take apart the high speed interchange that allows trading houses to handle pure computerized buying for the house. Take out those high speed computers / links and level the field.

As far as the rest, meh, I doubt it. Nor would I care to have it happen. A little revolution now and then is a good thing. Heck, I'd rather get rid of authoritarians / fascists than anarchists. Anarchists are annoying, but far less dangerous than the flip side.

The thing about anarchy is the ridiculous notion of a society that has no power structure. None at all. What exactly do they propose as a means to keep civilization afloat? You take away government by law and then a huge power vacuum is created. The anarchists have now taken over, which is an oxymoron, mind you. Self defeating so-called idealists that want to throw us backward from civility.

How do they plan to protect their watering hole? They have no hierarchy to sustain security. Boy I bet they wish they can have someone with know how to deal with this big bad man that has come to beat them to death, steal their women, enslave their children, and take their land and all their possessions because dammit authority sticks in their craw. The strong destroy the weak that is the law of nature, it is always been that way and will always be that way.

Civilization created laws to protect themselves from the darker aspects of their nature. And these anarchists want to piss that all into the wind. Well guess what I'm bigger and badder and stronger than they are, to bad they got rid of that pesky authority because nothing will save them now.

*switches on Predator vision*

The thing about anarchy is the ridiculous notion of a society that has no power structure. None at all. What exactly do they propose as a means to keep civilization afloat? You take away government by law and then a huge power vacuum is created. The anarchists have now taken over, which is an oxymoron, mind you. Self defeating so-called idealists that want to throw us backward from civility.

How do they plan to protect their watering hole? They have no hierarchy to sustain security. Boy I bet they wish they can have someone with know how to deal with this big bad man that has come to beat them to death, steal their women, enslave their children, and take their land and all their possessions because dammit authority sticks in their craw. The strong destroy the weak that is the law of nature, it is always been that way and will always be that way.

Civilization created laws to protect themselves from the darker aspects of their nature. And these anarchists want to piss that all into the wind. Well guess what I'm bigger and badder and stronger than they are, to bad they got rid of that pesky authority because nothing will save them now.

*switches on Predator vision*

There is a massive difference between an armed revolution and masked anarchists looting shops.

That's all well and good, but the Illuminati as you put it would get everything fixed up and pass any and all short-term chaos on to the common man while experiencing minimal fallout of their own.

Again, ineffective. That should be Anonymous' tagline: "Ridiculously Ineffectual"

They have yet to create any real change. They are good at riling people up with massive, but vague, general discontent, but nothing ever gets done. All the wannabe activists get bored and move on when they realize that all their holleirng is for nothing because the people in charge aren't listening.

Fact: For real change you need to change your leadership.

And if you can't unseat that leadership in an election... you have to step things up beyond protesting.

I believe you missed the guillotine part.. obviously the top level of society all need to die for this to work effectively.

More power to them as far as I am concerned. Everyone knows this is only something between an empty threat to get everyone's feathers ruffled or a minor jab - nobody, including Anon themselves thinks this is going to "take down' the stock exchange. Rather, just like with Syria, Egypt and elsewhere its a virtual protest of sorts - a ping based sit in - to show their disapproval.

And these people deserve much more than simple disapproval - did you see the "Let them eat cake" pictures of those working on Wall Street and other business districts sitting outside, having a party, and laughing at the protestors/ "All the little people" down below? They even upended glasses and bottles of champagne from their comfortable roost onto those below as a taunt. This kind of arrogance is deserving of the guillotine and I say that as someone who's family is far more comfortable and well off than the average American but feels that privilege begets responsibility.

If Anon (or any other concerned and empowered individuals, especially skilled insiders...) is reading, I highly suggest if you're going to attack something, find the top 5 types of trading (such as the extremely high speed penny-stock trades, certain hedge funds, certain types of derivatives, etc...) that the worst of the financial industry uses but that has limited effect on "normal people" who are typically invested in mutual funds and long-term blue chips etc. There are trades that your 401k will never be involved in but Goldman-Saches uses to make millions: THOSE are your targets. Disrupt them and a huge blow will be struck against the worst of the machine, while leaving legitimate investments unharmed.

Thanks for the lesson Mr. Marx...:rolleyes:

The wall street hate is misguided. Little do the protesters know but there is only one investment bank left on wall street - the others are in midtown. Not only that but the banks have already paid their money back..

It's too bad we can't switch to an alternate universe and show people what would have happened if they had let the banks fail. Like it or not much of the economy depends on financing from banks. And trust me as bad as banks are it beats borrowing from the Tony Soprano's of the world - and that's what people would do without banks.

The wall street hate is misguided. Little do the protesters know but there is only one investment bank left on wall street - the others are in midtown. Not only that but the banks have already paid their money back..

It's too bad we can't switch to an alternate universe and show people what would have happened if they had let the banks fail. Like it or not much of the economy depends on financing from banks. And trust me as bad as banks are it beats borrowing from the Tony Soprano's of the world - and that's what people would do without banks.

Too bad the banks can't sleep with the fishes.

Back