Corsair Announces Major Advance in High-Capacity SSDs

HardOCP News

[H] News
Corsair®, a worldwide designer and supplier of high-performance components to the PC gaming hardware market, today announced worldwide retail availability of the 480GB Force Series™ GT SSD and 180GB and 480GB Force Series 3 SSDs. As solid-state drives reach wider adoption rates, Corsair's new SSD models address growing market demand for fast, high-capacity drives. The 180GB Force Series 3 targets consumers and IT professionals who want an affordable step up from 120GB, and the 480GB models are ideal for high-performance notebook PC users who require massive SSD storage capacity in a single drive. The top of the line 480GB Force Series GT SSD is designed for video editing, competitive gaming, and other applications for which extraordinary performance is required.

ya it is going to cost an arm and leg, because they said IT processionals not customers.

but i am going to build a new comp when bulldozer comes out but if that sucks i might wait for ivy bridge.

SF2281 controllers, which still have problems. Expensive bricks, no thanks.

Looks like they are announcing new models, NOT any advances. specs no better than existing drives.

Where is the advancement in making them cheep enough to be worth buying since I rather have more storage space than speed for that money.l

Back