dell.com - U2412M 24in IPS - $320 + tax

Awesome screen!

Need more 1920x1200 screens! No more of this 1080p crap

*edit*
how would this compare to a benq fp241vw?

I bit. Kinda sucks that the coupon only applies to 1 item in the cart, so I had to submit 2 separate orders. Dell is really goofy with the way they do things sometimes.

I should have mentioned that the code didn't work with link given for me either. I went back through the main Dell page and selected the display from home users, I think, and the code worked fine.

I should have mentioned that the code didn't work with link given for me either. I went back through the main Dell page and selected the display from home users, I think, and the code worked fine.

Yes, it worked.

Most sites are saying it expires on 10/12/2011, but I've seen 10/10 and 10/11 too.

Mine shipped today, due Tuesday, and I used the free 9 day shipping or whatever it was.

Just put in the order, estimated delivery = Oct 18 .....

Code expires on the 13th (from the order page)

It says 18th now, I bet it ships Monday and says estimated date will be the 12th.

Still rocking my old 2405 WFP. Wish I could spring for this, but I need a new office chair. ;)

For those not willing to bite right away, I've had great success with calling and talking to the Dell reps to get these type of deals regardless of coupons or expiration. They're pretty good about it from what I've seen.

I'm trying to decide if I should plunge for it. Been using my acer PVA 1680x1050 res screen for a few years now and while it does look fantastic, more real estate could be nice. I do like getting more punch out of mid range cards due to the lower resolution though for games.

This seems like a very good screen to get though, anyone have advice on if I should bite? My current graphics card is an ati 6850. Would a better card be necessary for the higher resolution?

The 6850 will be fine for most games at high instead of max at 1920x1200. Though you could always run 1680x1050 for some games too if you needed to.

I definitly say go for it, it will be a night and day difference.

It should expire on the 13th

Please let this expire sooner :( I have a 1080 Sammy and it is great but my buddy loaned me a 1200 Sammy while he was moving and I fell in love with it. I didn't think an extra 120 lines would have made a difference but it really did.

Please go away deal. I don't need you.

Edit: Haha, yes! The code didn't work!

Edit, Edit: CRAP! It did work! Going shopping. Contemplating.

Last edited:
I know what you mean. I have a nice 23in IPS LG that I really like, but I just couldnt resist. Last year I had the 26in ASUS 1920x1200, but it wasnt IPS. The combo of the two really make for a nice screen, and the reviews for this are pretty darn good. Calibration seems really simple as well.

I really didnt need it, but just over $300 for everything Ive been looking for in a monitor, I couldnt resist. Only thing I dont like is the lack of HDMI.

yeah not really sure i went to apply the coupon and said it wasnt valid for this item in my cart and the monitor was the only thing in it

yeah not letting me even attempt to put it in, tried 3 browsers and it just gives me a pop up that says

We're sorry, the coupon code you have entered is not valid in the segment in which you are currently shopping.

For those wondering, the monitor is a very nice screen, and short of letting out the cash for a high quality 27-30", its one of the better ones out there with a somewhat reasonable price-tag on it. I don't think you'll regret going with it if you do bite the bullet. And although there have been I believe a couple instances of backlight bleed, anyone that has followed the dell threads on monitors know they're particularly great about changing out for any issue - 3 years warranty with advance shipped replacements that usually get there pretty damn fast and paid for return shipping. While some other screens are notorious for panel lottery, I don't think this one is, and the few people with problems really just to be seem the unlucky few issues that will happen with any model.

Anyone know if that coupon works with the Employee Purchase Program? My father works for Dell so I'm trying to decide if it's worth giving him a ring since I might order three of these guys.

For those wondering, the monitor is a very nice screen, and short of letting out the cash for a high quality 27-30", its one of the better ones out there with a somewhat reasonable price-tag on it. I don't think you'll regret going with it if you do bite the bullet. And although there have been I believe a couple instances of backlight bleed, anyone that has followed the dell threads on monitors know they're particularly great about changing out for any issue - 3 years warranty with advance shipped replacements that usually get there pretty damn fast and paid for return shipping. While some other screens are notorious for panel lottery, I don't think this one is, and the few people with problems really just to be seem the unlucky few issues that will happen with any model.

Dell advance replaced my 2007WFP when I noticed I had been getting hot spots in a couple placed on my monitor. They sent me a new one and it was also a IPS screen like the one in my old one. Very hassle free - all it took was one call.

EDIT: If I went with this I would need a new secondary monitor. I currently have my 2007WFP and a, well, some 17" Dell. The vertical size of the two screen is pretty much identical, and I would want a similar setup. If I got this U2412M what companion screen should I get for it? A 2007FP?

Last edited:
For those not willing to bite right away, I've had great success with calling and talking to the Dell reps to get these type of deals regardless of coupons or expiration. They're pretty good about it from what I've seen.

Yep, look up the long thread about this model on the displays sub-forum... This price has been available for a month if you knew how to ask. Great deal for a great display imo, it'd be tough to find another IPS screen this good for that much.

I actually used the live chat option and got price quote of $600 + tax for 2 of them, with $1 shipping to Puerto Rico. I was tempted to order a third but I figured I'll give Eyefinity a shot with these two + my current 24" 16:10 Sammy before making a call. I actually received them last week but haven't fully tested them since Monoprice lost my Displayport cable order, grrr (they resent it via 2-day air... on Friday, ugh).

if you are just using it as a single display, does it matter if i just stick with DVI or will DP look better?

Back