Corsair Announces New Liquid CPU Coolers

HardOCP News

[H] News
Corsair®, a worldwide designer and supplier of high-performance components to the PC gaming hardware market, today announced the Hydro Series H40 and Hydro Series H70 CORE liquid CPU coolers. The Hydro Series H40 is Corsair's new entry-level liquid CPU cooler and is designed to provide effective and reliable liquid cooling at a price that's affordable for mainstream computer users. Like all Corsair Hydro Series liquid CPU coolers, the H40 is a self contained, closed-loop system that comes pre-filled and never needs refilling. It works with most modern AMD® and Intel® sockets, and comes with an illustrated quick start guide to make installation easy even for CPU cooling novices.

I'd be interested in seeing how well the H40 cools vs. stock and what noise levels are. If priced well, it might be good for family builds.

I think the H70 is a bad product name. They already made (and discontinued) an H70. Why not an H75 to avoid any confusion?

I agree H75 would of been better, still not on their page yet though.

I got my H60 for 43 after MIR. It's quiet and cools exceedingly well. Especially for the price.

I'd like to see the equivalent of the H60 for my 5870.

im very interested in what an h70 "core" will look like.

If its anything like the swiftech radiator "core" then i will lol all over the place.

I got a h50 for $50, I wonder if the h40 will be cheaper?
Edit: nope 60

H70 is a bad name, My H70 SUCKS! and I have Push/Pull with 2 Yate Loon fans

Quoting the link:
Hydro Series H70 CORE builds on the award-winning legacy of our original H70 cooler, with one key difference: you supply your own fans.

So the reason they didn't change the name is that it is the exact same cooler.

Quoting the link:

So the reason they didn't change the name is that it is the exact same cooler.

Good to know, and thanks for the info.

I wonder how much that drops the price. Maybe an H70 with a couple of Scythe Gentle Typhoons would make a nice setup.

The H70 CORE is a slightly tweaked version of the H70. It'll sell for about $20 less than the old H70, has an improved coldplate, and LGA 2011 compatibility. It doesn't include the fans because people have been asking us for a fanless Hydro series since day 1. A lot of you guys are going to use your own fans anyway, so saving a few bucks and taking the fans out made sense.

The radiator is a little bit thinner too, but still performs better than the old H70 due to the fact that it doesn't require tons of airflow to get good performance. It'll perform pretty well with mid-range fans on it.

The H70 CORE is a slightly tweaked version of the H70. It'll sell for about $20 less than the old H70, has an improved coldplate, and LGA 2011 compatibility. It doesn't include the fans because people have been asking us for a fanless Hydro series since day 1. A lot of you guys are going to use your own fans anyway, so saving a few bucks and taking the fans out made sense.

The radiator is a little bit thinner too, but still performs better than the old H70 due to the fact that it doesn't require tons of airflow to get good performance. It'll perform pretty well with mid-range fans on it.

Thats good to know since from what I've heard when using the same fans in push/pull at a reasonable speed the H50 will actually outperform the original H70.

Is this going to be the first cooler where you actually allow reviewers to use aftermarket fans? Or you guys just won't give out review samples?

This maybe my next cooler!

What exactly has changed with the radiator is what I want to know. Making it thinner seems like it would be detrimental to performance, not adding to it. Unless you guys also increased the FPI at the same time. Which then makes it completely different from the original H70.

What exactly has changed with the radiator is what I want to know. Making it thinner seems like it would be detrimental to performance, not adding to it. Unless you guys also increased the FPI at the same time. Which then makes it completely different from the original H70.

There are a lot of tweaks to radiators you can do aside from fins per inch and size. Flow rate can be tweaked, for example. The issue is that once you get to a certain thickness, you're actually requiring a huge amount of airflow to get good performance due to the air resistance you're providing. By reducing that thickness just a bit, you can get better performance at mid-to-low RPM fans, as opposed to the original H70 which pretty much required 2000 RPM fans to get its performance numbers.

hi

thanx for the radiator explanation

I'm personally sort a baffled by the H40 it looks like it was OEM'd from Asetek (like the h50) and looks /sounds pretty similar to the H50 ...how does it differ from the h50 ??

Back