Fake iPhone 5 Emails Bear Malware

HardOCP News

[H] News
Despite the fact that no iPhone 5 has been announced yet (only the iPhone 4S with an A5 processor and iOS 5) crooks are still trying to take advantage of gullible people. You'd seriously have to have your head examined if you thought the phone in the picture below was real.

Just curious. If Apple no longer buying their supply from Samsung who are they relying on for their hardware tech? And what company are they relying on for their cpu, screen and ect for the iPhone 5?

I could see the few people I know in RL who are mac fans falling for this in a heartbeat.

I could see the few people I know in RL who are mac fans falling for this in a heartbeat.

Ditto. I know at least two people that have a iPhone 4 still under contract that will be buying a 4s as soon as it comes out and both would likely have believe this was the real thing prior to the official announcement. I'll likely be getting a 4s as well, but I won't be paying extra to buy the latest, I'll be replacing an older phone.

The people behind this phishing attack actually did a fairly good job of putting something together that would get people to jump at it.

Back