Rage Drivers!

Gains for 6000 and 5000 series only? I realize AMD is trying to sell newer cards, but us 4000 series owners are still hanging around.

Gains for 6000 and 5000 series only? I realize AMD is trying to sell newer cards, but us 4000 series owners are still hanging around.

The BF3 Preview driver also only listed improvements for the 5000 and 6000 series, but it quite clearly made a big difference for me with my 2x 4870x2 setup. I think that they are really just listing improvements for cards that are still on the market, but that doesn't necessarily mean those are the only cards that benefit.

The BF3 Preview driver also only listed improvements for the 5000 and 6000 series, but it quite clearly made a big difference for me with my 2x 4870x2 setup. I think that they are really just listing improvements for cards that are still on the market, but that doesn't necessarily mean those are the only cards that benefit.

That's more than a little disingenuous, but I hope you're right.

Rage unlocks in a little over an hour, but I can't play it until tomorrow evening. We'll see if the drivers do anything.

Rage drivers let me run Rage with my 4890 (CF off) but the game looks like crap. Texture pop in and flickering HUD/weapons/NPC's/enemies make the game unplayable. Other driver versions won't let me get past the intro movie. I'm holding off playing Rage until a better driver or game update is released.

Can't wait to play this game. I just ordered a MSI 6970 Lightning to play games like this. I need DX11, lol.

Hopefully card and game arrives by this weekend so I can have some fun.

Rage drivers let me run Rage with my 4890 (CF off) but the game looks like crap. Texture pop in and flickering HUD/weapons/NPC's/enemies make the game unplayable. Other driver versions won't let me get past the intro movie. I'm holding off playing Rage until a better driver or game update is released.

The texture pop in and flickering are actually a problem of the new ID tech5 engine. The engine optimizes itself to your system specs and you cannot tweak things manually (there are no advanced settings in the game options menu whatsoever, other than the basic resolution, AA, etc). There is no Eyefinity/surround support out of the box either (it does actually work, but the HUD is not centered). It's a shame really because I was accustomed to ID games always pushing the envelope supporting features and coming with loads of engine tweak options.

I saw this deal last night on widescreengamingforum, I am really disappointed that there is no multimonitor support out of the box......it's going to be just like the other console releases as of late. And the "new driver" doesn't support Crossfire......wtf?:mad:

We have to sit around and wait for someone to crack the game and figure it out. fortunately it only takes about a week.:p

The texture pop in and flickering are actually a problem of the new ID tech5 engine. The engine optimizes itself to your system specs and you cannot tweak things manually (there are no advanced settings in the game options menu whatsoever, other than the basic resolution, AA, etc). There is no Eyefinity/surround support out of the box either (it does actually work, but the HUD is not centered). It's a shame really because I was accustomed to ID games always pushing the envelope supporting features and coming with loads of engine tweak options.

id has been consolized. The recommended system specs for this game is an Xbox 360.
I have the PC version on order and I hope a patch fixes these issues. I hate having to wait for patches when games aren't finished. id has sold out.

I saw this deal last night on widescreengamingforum, I am really disappointed that there is no multimonitor support out of the box......it's going to be just like the other console releases as of late. And the "new driver" doesn't support Crossfire......wtf?:mad:

We have to sit around and wait for someone to crack the game and figure it out. fortunately it only takes about a week.:p

The game works in eyefinity out of the box. Did you try it yet? Mine booted into 6048x1080 without changing anything. I was pleasantly surprised. No crossfire yet, but it's smooth on a single 6950 for the time being @ 6048x1080.

It looks like HaYDeN @ WSGF is working on a HUD fix :D

The engine optimizes itself to your system specs and you cannot tweak things manually (there are no advanced settings in the game options menu whatsoever, other than the basic resolution, AA, etc).

I can´t believe I just read this. Did Carmack do some really bad acid or did he just stop thinking and caring for PC gamers all together? I´d like to return my pre-order..

@CatalystCreator: All - don't use the current Rage performance driver - package includes very old OGL files, that's why you're seeing corruption etc.

@CatalystCreator: New Rage driver with proper OGL component will be posted later today

WTF...how hard is it to post the correct drivers? jjjjeeeeezzzzzzz.....

Hey [H], go after Id and interview them, ask them how the PC version ended up like this, what their problem is with AMD and why it's OpenGL or nothing. Looking through files and commands it seems they've been 69ing Nvidia yet again. AMD is at no fucking fault for this nor for Doom 3, when Id decided "Hey let's use this Nvidia exclusive feature. ATI cards run like crap because they don't have it? Hurr what gives"

Get back to making a proper Quake 1 sequel.

Guys i canr get RAGE to even load, I get BLUE SCREENS as soon as i hit the PLAY button on STEAM, im really pissed. Every other game is working i am running 3 6970 cards in Tri-Fire and havew tried playing with just 1 or 2 cards and i get the same problem. Im running the new 11.10's and have tried with earlier drivers with the same result, what a POS.

OMG everyone knows Mr Carmack FAVORS open gl to direct x first of all and that leads to favoring nvidia over AMD\ATI thats a F A C T ............this WAS SO UNFAIR to do..:confused:

Did they actually post them? Looks more like someone data-mined the link before it's intended release.

No.

Those drivers were posted up last night as a "hot fix" driver specifically for Rage.
I found them through widescreengamingforums: http://widescreengamingforum.com/fo...ions/17560/amd-catalyst-rage-performance-driv
Since amended, as noted to await the second version.

Now I guess they are FUBAR'd.

So we wait......:rolleyes:

What the hell is so hard about putting out a real dedicated driver and crossfire profile (for a big anticipated title.....good or bad) on release day or before???:eek:

If the company has no access to beta builds of the software, i guess they can't.

Man i wasted $60 on this turd, i cant even play it. When i launch it it just blue screens.

It also made a difference on a 4870 I have in a system as well. And when it comes to ATI cards and drivers, GotNoRice is a good source of info. He know's what he is talking about.

Ya ive tried several, 10.8's on up, Disabled Crossfire and tried to run 1 card, 2 cards or all 3 i get the same result. Every other game i own, Which is a ton run great. Ill try the Hotfix when its released and if that doesnt work im just out $60, im not going to try to re-install my whole PC for 1 game and that might not even matter :mad:

So these work without texture flickering and load issues? the ones I tried earlier (2:00 PM CST) had insane texture flickering problems, and these are different?

So these work without texture flickering and load issues? the ones I tried earlier (2:00 PM CST) had insane texture flickering problems, and these are different?

It worked a lot better for me.

Keep in mind that texture streaming is a part of the engine. Thus, it is practically impossible to reduce the pop-in effect 100%. Even the GTX 580 with its CUDA powered transcoding feature had some pop-in. With the new rage driver, however, I'd say that the HD 6970 is as good as the GTX 580, or at least close enough as makes no practical difference.

That said, the stretched polygon artifacting and flickering objects have completely stopped with the corrected Rage driver from AMD.

Just install over 11.9?

Did you install 11.9Cap 1 as well?

Is CF working?

I uninstalled the previous driver before I installed the update, but did not install the CAP.

I did not check crossfirex.

Ugh. Rage is completely unplayable on my 4850 X2. The game stutter-locks every 2 to 3 seconds. I'm guessing this is because the game doesn't have a Crossfire profile yet. (How the hell doesn't it have a Catalyst profile?)

Highly annoyed. I planned to spend the evening playing Rage. Now I can't.

Back