Private Anti-Piracy Investigator Spills The Beans

HardOCP News

[H] News
I've always liked reading "insider stories" like this. Obviously this is just one side of the story but it is interesting reading none the less.

All around the world Hollywood is influencing politics and law enforcement, mainly through local anti-piracy groups. Aside from lobbying, they also employ private investigators to track down and bust copyright infringers. Today, one of them spills the beans. Gavin “Tex” Warren reveals how he was instructed to boost statistics, link piracy to drug trafficking, and manipulate the police in order to secure more interest for the war on piracy.

whats weird: 1930-50's the mafia use to beat the movie industry to extort money. now they extort money from the people. are they the mafia still? lol

the extortion just changed customers. same people doing the extorting (the companies). also politicians are still paid off.

and we are surprised by..... OH.. nevermind.. :) Its just another day with the RIAA/MPAA

The last time I bought a Song or a Movie was almost 15 years ago. I can easily see myself going the rest of my life without ever paying a dime to these fuckers.

According to the anti-piracy ads "Copying DVDs is stealing"
By that logic, taking a photo is kidnapping.

Humans lie, deceive and steal regardless of whether they are anti-pirate investigators, police officials, politicians or just pirates.

Sadly, despite stuff like this being leaked to the public, nothing is going to change. RIAA and MPAA will still continue on with their illegal extortion.

Back