A Will For Your Online Assets and Passwords

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
A newly launched website called PassMyWill is designed to pass along your virtual possessions once you have gone to the big Internet in the sky. Call me a skeptic, but it doesn’t seem wise or prudent to put all of your online information on a website run by a hacker from Siberia, Russia. Just sayin’ :D

PassMyWill is basically a will for your online assets. The site distributes your social network passwords to your trusted loved ones after you die.

The kid wearing a fur hat and a great big grin looks really trustworthy!

A newly launched website called PassMyWill is designed to pass along your virtual possessions once you have gone to the big Internet in the sky. Call me a skeptic, but it doesn’t seem wise or prudent to put all of your online information on a website run by a hacker from Siberia, Russia. Just sayin’ :D

While they rifle through all of your financial accounts, sell your identity, and leave you ruined? Thanks, PassMyWill, but no thanks.

As for anyone who goes for this, I can only think of what Otter told Flounder after they trashed Flounder's brother's Lincoln in Animal House: "You f**ked up...you trusted us!"

I have an encrypted flash drive that I update every month or so, that contains all of the sites, services and the user names/password, with the password for decrypting it, in my actual will. My executor will have no issues passing on my virtual assets, such as they are, after my death.

Their needs to be a service that will come to my house and delete all the questionable stuff off my computer, and trash questionable objects/things in my room.

Big if, but if there is law enforcement that can deal with this, they should submit bait/false info (well, set up a bank account with $100 in it) for an old granny, track it, and see if it gets pilfered.

Back