Google is in the Beer Business….Sorta

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
Google is all about diversity with its projects and its employees, so why not mix the two together? Google has taken the lead from a group of its employees who are beer brewing aficionados and partnered with Dogfish Head brewery to brew beer using ingredients from all over the world using Google’s vast information gathering facilities.

If their is anyone who can make beer from obscure and interesting ingredients, it's Dogfish Head.

Had my first Dogfish Head beer a week or so ago. I bought the World Wide Stout from a package store and man it was good. Had to drink it like whiskey almost because of the 24% alcohol content. Man it was good!

Love Dogfish head... especially 60/90 minute. I'm interested to see how this dubbel compares to say, Chimay blue.

I love their IPAs. Had to get however, wish I could partner with Google for some.

Saw this mentioned on Google+ the other day.

I went to pick some dogfish because I can't believe how much they've grown...

$12.50 for a damn 6 pack for the IPA stuff (2 IPA kinds there, plus 3 other Dogfish stuff, all over $11 per 6er)... pfffffcchhh. I bought some good ole decent American-made Yuengling instead for half the price. speaking of which...

Went looking for some a bit ago but couldn't find it. I may have to dig deeper at some of the larger retailers tomorrow. Came home with Sam Adam's Octoberfest which is always good. One of these days I'll get smart and stock up when it's out.

Octoberfest is good, as is the usual year-round Boston Lager.

Check out their site schap, they had a bunch of liquor stores around that carried it, even a few stores (including this really super bad ass one with just about anything I could think of and more)

World Wide Stout, 60min, 90min, Wrath of Pecant, and pretty much everything else they brew are awesome. Glad I live in Maryland and can get their full line :)

Saw this mentioned on Google+ the other day.

I went to pick some dogfish because I can't believe how much they've grown...

$12.50 for a damn 6 pack for the IPA stuff (2 IPA kinds there, plus 3 other Dogfish stuff, all over $11 per 6er)... pfffffcchhh. I bought some good ole decent American-made Yuengling instead for half the price. speaking of which...

You can't be serious comparing Yuengling with Dogfishead IPA. One of the best beers I have ever drank, with something I won't even drink.

Dogfish Head is the Ben and Jerry of beer IMO.

There are countless microbreweries in the US which produce beer so vastly superior to that which is typically available to the unwashed masses that it is unbelievable anyone still consumes the swill produced by the likes of the major manufacturers I shall not name.

Good beer does not typically live in a grocery store. Seek it out and be merry.

Dogfish's Punk'n should be on the shelves by now, easily top 5 for pumpkin ales.

if you watch the movie Beer Wars, you will never drink another corporate beer again.

There are countless microbreweries in the US which produce beer so vastly superior to that which is typically available to the unwashed masses that it is unbelievable anyone still consumes the swill produced by the likes of the major manufacturers I shall not name.

Good beer does not typically live in a grocery store. Seek it out and be merry.

Aye, quite aware of that. I have a lot of local favorites here in Chicago, particularly of the Goose Island brand. Sofia being a favorite.Blanche de Bruxelles is my all around favorite beer - or as my girlfriend and I like to call it, the peeing boy beer because of the famous Manneken Pis statue on the label.

Aye, quite aware of that. I have a lot of local favorites here in Chicago, particularly of the Goose Island brand. Sofia being a favorite.Blanche de Bruxelles is my all around favorite beer - or as my girlfriend and I like to call it, the peeing boy beer because of the famous Manneken Pis statue on the label.

I had their Honker's Ale for the first time the other night, pretty good :)

Unfortunately AHB owns Goose Island now, and I've heard that it's getting worse and worse. Honker's on tap was great.

DFH is about getting all the wierdest and new flavors, discovery and sampling. I love that about them, from Raison d'etre to Raison d'extre, 120 minute IPA, Midas Touch, Immort Ale...something new every day. And seconded on Beer Wars. Go download it and check it out, it puts a whole new spin on good American beer. Like how AHB runs off more beer down the drain in a year than Sam Adams brews in a year. And the shelf space battle and underhanded tactics they use to show their brand...it's almost scary!

You can't be serious comparing Yuengling with Dogfishead IPA. One of the best beers I have ever drank, with something I won't even drink.

To be fair those two specifically arent really competitors.
Yuengling is probably my favorite of that type of beer, it just sucks I cant get it in Chicago, so I stick to Stella

I had their IPA 60 and I'll tell you its bitter as heck and has a raisin after taste. I don;t know what their other beers are like but IPA (Imperial Pale Ales) tend to be bitter because they are hop heavy and often have an extremely high alcohol content.

I'm not terribly fond of Dogfish Head, but the more people making beer the better.

Back