Chicago Company Sues Facebook Over Timeline Feature

HardOCP News

[H] News
I'll bet you companies like Facebook use one of those "take a number" machines when you file a lawsuit against them. If not....they should. :D

Timelines.com, a small Chicago based company, filed a trademark-infringement lawsuit yesterday against Facebook. Timelines.com, an online social-scrapbooking company, has been in business since 2008 and is claiming that Facebook's newest platform product could destroy its livelihood.

It's hard to know who to side with here...

Timelines seems like a universally-accepted/used idea. From timelines on paper of the Medival Times or French Revolution showing small pictures or paragraphs of the most important events that occured to timelines I had to make myself as class projects for 'Social Studies//History' type high school courses.

I recall also using Microsoft Encarta 200...3 or 2000 version that had interactive timelines for various events were clicking on a date would bring up a video/pictures and when appropriate videos /w music to illustrate the event. If anything, Microsoft Encarta could sue both companies for its use of interactive timelines ages ago; except, I don't think they would because its such a simple straight-forward idea its really about who can implement this idea the best.

I bet there's a lot of independant timeline websites people have made about themselves too form way before 2008. I bet if I tried googling I could find an example that well pre-dates 2008. Ohh, here we go:

Example here

Some random person's chronological history of all the computer's hes ever owned, complete with pictures, descriptions and what the significance was to himself. He better sue both companies for stealing his unique and original idea based of a universally accepted idea/concept used only in such elite institutions as high schools.

This is just stupid, I'm guessing someone smells easy money.

WBurchnall is right on the money in my opinion.

Back