Serious Sam 3: BFE Delayed Until November

HardOCP News

[H] News
Damn, this seriously sucks. I was really looking forward to playing Serious Sam 3: BFE this month but, if the delay means shipping a better game, I suppose I can wait. :(

We have been working very hard on SS3 all the way, and especially in these recent months trying to make it for the promised October 18th. In the past few days, we did some reassessments, based both on internal results, and on beta testing feedback, and determined that we would want to do some more gameplay tuning, bugfixing and optimization - more than would be possible within the given timeframe.

Arg. The only real game I was looking forward to this fall amidst all the other big name releases.

Sigh, well I'm sure they didn't want the additional dev. costs either, so I can respect that.

In the meantime, back to games backlog...

Yeah...it's the first game I've been really looking forward to in awhile. Hopefully Batman: Arkham City will come in on time, that's another one I think will be pretty fun.

I suppose this means it wont be competeing with RAGE/BF3 anymore ... But then again it's going to be going against skyrim (and I suppose minecraft being properly released) and that MW3 shit.

Disappointing, but if it means a more polished game in the end then I can't complain too much. A lot devs would just release it anyway.

I'd rather they release a well polished game with only minor bugfixes necessary afterwards, rather than a game that runs like a beta that you buy your way into.

We waited 12 f!@#in' years for Duke... I think we can stand to wait a month for Sam.

It sucks, but with all of the other games coming out around the same time its not the end of the world.

I suppose this means it wont be competeing with RAGE/BF3 anymore ... But then again it's going to be going against skyrim (and I suppose minecraft being properly released) and that MW3 shit.

pretty sure it doesnt matter when Sam comes out, its not a true competitor to any of these titles realistically.

pretty sure it doesnt matter when Sam comes out, its not a true competitor to any of these titles realistically.

Nope, Sam is the only running-backwards-while-shooting FPS coming out.

All the other games make you run 'forward'...

My Kids grew up on Sam & Sam SE over our LAN but they've have moved on to game consoles, I'd bet they'd want to game on my LAN again when this comes out. Hopefully the system requirements aren't too high for their old dusty computers (maybe they can use their laptops).

Back