F.S. - Thecus N4200 NAS with 2 x 2Tb HDDs : $560 shipped

noremacyug

[H]ard|Gawd
PRICE DROPPED TO $500 SHIPPED
Got this during a trade about 2 months ago. I got it with no hdds so I just bought the two WD hdds that are in it about 3 weeks ago. The only issue with the unit is the battery backup does not work. Im about 95% sure it's just the battery module which is easily replaceable by removing one screw on the back of the unit. I've opened up the battery module (5 screws) and I'm sure you could take it to Batteries Plus and have them replace the cells, I've also contacted Thecus and was told a new battery module would cost $60 plus tax.

Other than that, the thing works flawless. It's given me zero problems, very stable. Cosmetically its got a few very minor scuffs but overall looks fine. I can get some pics up later, I'm at work right now. Feel free to ask any questions. Only stipulation would be after payment I might have to grab me a couple new hdds to toss in my PC and pull all my files off the NAS, so a little patience might be necessary for that. Here's a link to Thecus' site regarding the N4200 http://www.thecus.com/product.php?PROD_ID=30

These things go new for $600 ish all day long without any hdds. This is the N4200, not the eco or the pro model. I feel $500 shipped is fair, considering the battery is bad and I'm tossing in $150 worth of hdds A new setup like this would run you around $750. Even if you decide to replace the battery module you'll still only be out ~$570.

Here's a few pics. They aren't the greatest so if anyone wants anything in particular, just ask and I'll post them up as soon as I can.

Thanks for looking

SAM_1210.jpg

SAM_1223.jpg

SAM_1219.jpg

SAM_1221.jpg

Last edited:
Back