Xbox Live Cable To Be Unveiled Next Week?

HardOCP News

[H] News
According to Bloomberg, the much anticipated Xbox Live cable TV streaming service could be unveiled next week. This part of the article (quoted below) cracked me up:

Wayne Hickey, a spokesman for Microsoft, declined to comment, as did Bobbi Henson, a spokeswoman for Verizon, and Jennifer Khoury of Comcast, which controls NBC. Greg Belloni, a Sony spokesman, had no immediate comment. Dorothy Jean, a spokeswoman for Lovefilm, declined to comment. An HBO spokesperson declined to comment.

Cable TV through your XBOX?
This is just just the kind of shit that confuses the fuck out of old people.
Actually, I feel a bit confused also.
Can you actually hear a tv over the sound of a XBOX fan?

I am very excited about this, provided that they get all channels on board and do not require you to be an existing pay TV subscriber.

Microsoft also expects to sign deals with Time Warner Inc. (TWX)’s HBO cable channel, "Sony Pictures Entertainment’s Crackle streaming service".

Sony pictures, classic!

This will either have NOTHING on it, or it will be more expensive then regular cable to begin with. Every time the networks or movie studios are involved, they make things that should be cheaper MORE expensive.

Just look at movie rentals - it's actually MORE expensive to download a movie through xbox live then it is to go to your local video store and rent it. Why? There's ZERO overhead, it's all digital. Shouldn't it be cheaper?

Noooope *chuck testa

Did I read it wrong? One part says that the agreement with Comcast requires you already have their service in your home to get the service over the xbox?

Considering how regular TV is if this is at all cheaper then normal TV and will have DVR capabilities like directTV's HD reciever I'm going to jump ship. We already do a majority of our watching on the xbox, no reason to also include TV.

I cant wait to have to watch a 90 second commercial before my game launches
*stupid no edit*

I'd actually prefer that to happen because it would mean that devs would take more risks instead of cranking out cod 15.

Ye haw... another feature for Gold Subscribers, that is US only.... while they charge the rest of us who can't use any of it more money. Forgive me if i'm not excited.

In related news, Microsoft said, "XBox Live Cable Tv" streaming will only cost 20 Microsoft points/month....Roughly equivalent $40,000,000.

lol

Why not just say: 'And out of everybody we contacted, not one actually denied it!'

Cable TV through your XBOX?
This is just just the kind of shit that confuses the fuck out of old people.
Actually, I feel a bit confused also.
Can you actually hear a tv over the sound of a XBOX fan?

You don't own an Xbox do you? They havn't been that loud since the launch day units. The most recent ones are damn near silent.

As for myself, I am actually excited if they do this well. I can't afford to subscribe to TimeWarner anymore, but mostly because they sell packages filled with stuff I have no desire to watch. If they offer the right size packages at the right price, I am very interested. The only stuff I usually watch are Fox News, Comedy Central, National Geographic, and Discovery.

You don't own an Xbox do you? They havn't been that loud since the launch day units. The most recent ones are damn near silent.

As for myself, I am actually excited if they do this well. I can't afford to subscribe to TimeWarner anymore, but mostly because they sell packages filled with stuff I have no desire to watch. If they offer the right size packages at the right price, I am very interested. The only stuff I usually watch are Fox News, Comedy Central, National Geographic, and Discovery.

Here I thought you were making a serious comment until you mentioned Fox News, I fell to the floor laughing, you should do standup comedy.:D

All of you are completely missing the point of what this is, well almost e eryone as on person caught it. This isn't a new service and it isn't something you can pay for. You MUST already have comcast or time Warner service to use this. This is the same as what they already do for AT&T for uverse. They are just letting you get rid of the set top box from those 3 and use your 360 as the set top box. This isn't a service that everyone can sign up for to drop their current service and go with. This is a service for customers of those cable companies to just use their 360 as a set top box

Here's to hoping they have really small packages or, god forbid, create your own package. I haven't had satelite or cable for 5 years because I refuse to pay for crap I don't want. I just want sports and cartoons and I want to pay just for those. Either way this is a step in the right direction if we can ever get decent broadband in this part of the country.

Here I thought you were making a serious comment until you mentioned Fox News, I fell to the floor laughing, you should do standup comedy.:D

Someone give this man a cookie.

For being so god damn creative!

No one has ever joked like this before!!!!

A+ + + would read again!!!

:rolleyes:

Here's to hoping they have really small packages or, god forbid, create your own package. I haven't had satelite or cable for 5 years because I refuse to pay for crap I don't want. I just want sports and cartoons and I want to pay just for those. Either way this is a step in the right direction if we can ever get decent broadband in this part of the country.

Please read my post above yours. You are not understanding this service.

Nice, I've been doing this for years with WMC, unfortunately this will require Live Gold for each box, kinda negates the savings for dumping a DVR.

Back