SanDisk 120gb SSD - $120 shipped!

Damn. How does it compare to the M4?

I have a Kingston in the lappy but sometimes the slow write speeds are actually a bottleneck vs. connection speed or anything else.

The reviews on newegg are really good. I have been waffling on whether to get an SSD for my boot drive on my desktop.

what did they have like 2 of them? lol that was fast.

wait... $209 @ the Egg, and $120 @ Buy.com?

Are we sure it's OOS, and not a pricing error (again) that got pulled as soon as orders started to flood their servers?

it shows instock for me. dont need it tho. got 2x128 corsair ssd in desktop already.

I got an email about this but out of stock as soon as I clicked the email.

idk what you guys are talking about, ITS STILL AVAILABLE!!! , just got 1, would ve got 2 if i got the cash....

Wow, I didn't know Sandisk offered a 10yr warranty on their SSDs (from newegg page), that's awfully generous.

It's back in stock as of 12:20 EST. I'd buy two but I have no use for even 1 new SSD at the moment.

instock.png

Picture taken at 12:21pm est

Note "order in next 2hour and 40 minutes.."

In for for my second computer, because 3 virtual machines (running on the x3380) on a single mechanical drive is just awful. I run 3 virtual machines off my vertex ssd and they are just as responsive at the main operating system.

Can anyone recommend a 5.25'' to 2.5'' bay converter? Or 5.25'' to 3.5'' and then 3.5'' to 2.5'' that isn't expensive?

ordered , thanks for the link. I have a 60 gig in my laptop but the 120 gig will let me install TOR to it plus my gf now gets the 60 gig for her laptop

Wow, I didn't know Sandisk offered a 10yr warranty on their SSDs (from newegg page), that's awfully generous.

That's like a guaranteed free upgrade/replacement at some point... as long as you keep all your data backed up.

ordered 1 for my fat 80GB PS3 (seeing how its probably the last thing in my house that is still primarily running off of a HDD, not counting my NAS). I should be enjoying significantly quicker load times in GT5 in no time :-D. Not to mention the added space (im just about to fill that drive after just over 3 years). This should hold me over for the rest of this console's life time.

3 year warranty on Sandisk's site... Still not a bad price though. Tempted to get one for my laptop.

Ummm... what the ... I've ordered from buy.com plenty of times before -- received an e-mail from them and they want me to verify who I am.... I told them to go flock themselves and to cancel my order immediately.

http://www.buy.com/ccalt.htm

anyone else experience this????? kind of appalled they would even ask for me to fax this information to them.

Llama[Style];1037809056 said:
Ummm... what the ... I've ordered from buy.com plenty of times before -- received an e-mail from them and they want me to verify who I am.... I told them to go flock themselves and to cancel my order immediately.

anyone else experience this????? kind of appalled they would even ask for me to fax this information to them.

Wow, no I haven't, I would tell them to go flock themselves too if they tried that with me.

weird, this is probably only my second or third purchase from them. and i havent been asked to do this. I'm actually moderately surprised that they have to be completely honest. I think I've used different forms of payment in each of my purchases. I think i used a VISA check card the first time around, then my CC, and this time I used paypal (since i left my card+wallet at home). i would have thought this would start raising some red flags

strange. Been purchasing from Buy.com for years... never asked me to do that. Does your CC match your billing and shipping information?

Never happened with Buy but I did have to do this with Mac Connection/pc connection a month ago. They didn't like me using a gmail email address and I had to use my work email with them to verify who I was. It was a pain and order was on hold but saved a $20 or so.

Can anyone recommend a 5.25'' to 2.5'' bay converter? Or 5.25'' to 3.5'' and then 3.5'' to 2.5'' that isn't expensive?

Why not just ziptie the SSD down. It doesn't have any moving parts and doesn't need to be really secured.

does any one know how this drive fares in terms of reliability? it uses the sandforce 1222 controller.
I’m not sure IF its the sandforce controller or OCZ that is to blame, but all new OCZ drives are based off the Sandforce controller and all of them have got terrible reviews.
This particular drive on NEWEGG only has 4 reviews, so can’t say how reliable it is (even if they offer a 10 year warranty)

Was wondering this too. Can't you just duct tape the damn thing down?

Saw a build where the guy just used thick double sided tape and taped the SSD to the back of the the motherboard tray.

Maybe a gluegun would work also.

Back