NVIDIA GeForce 285.38 Beta Drivers

HardOCP News

[H] News
In preparation for the Battlefield 3 beta, NVIDIA has released a brand new set of beta drivers today. The company has also updated its Battlefield 3 SLI profile and claims these new drivers offer performance increases of up to 38%.

The Battlefield 3 beta begins tomorrow for pre-order customers and Medal of Honor owners. To give you the best possible experience, we’re releasing new GeForce beta drivers (285.38), which can increase performance in the game by up to 38%. We’ve also updated our Battlefield 3 SLI profile to provide the absolute best performance if you have a multi-GPU machine.

Sorry, your resident post-whore doesn't own a geforce, nor is he likely to be playing the Battlefield 3 beta :p

I got really bad lag in fullscreen when I play HD flash movies (eg 720p/1080p from youtube) with both 285 betas. I also have the latest version of flash installed. When I reinstall 280.26 it's working like a charm. I got a 560Ti. Anybody else have the same problem?

How about some love for those of us with optimus laptops?

I wonder if these new drivers brings any benefit to older cards like GTX 295.

I've been stuck at 266 for a very long time now because none of the newer driver works when I put in a 2nd 9800GT for my 2nd monitor

Keep an eye out on your temps with these drivers. My card got dangerously hot today after playing BF3. Had to install msi afterburner so i could turn up the fan speed to compensate.

Keep an eye out on your temps with these drivers. My card got dangerously hot today after playing BF3. Had to install msi afterburner so i could turn up the fan speed to compensate.

strange, even though my gtx 580 is at 99% gpu usage during maxed bf3 settings, it doesn't get as hot as it does with maxed bc2 settings. im topping out at 65C in bf3, in bc2 i top out at 75C.

Well these drivers run pretty solid here good thing I have my AXP to keep cool my card.

I got really bad lag in fullscreen when I play HD flash movies (eg 720p/1080p from youtube) with both 285 betas. I also have the latest version of flash installed. When I reinstall 280.26 it's working like a charm. I got a 560Ti. Anybody else have the same problem?
I'm having the same problem. EVGA GTX 570 here.

anyone have any idea why any drivers released after january make my 8600m gt lag something fierce?

same here 570 sli. small bug for the price of bf3 fps :D

anyone have any idea why any drivers released after january make my 8600m gt lag something fierce?
Because they only do a bare minimum of QA on any card more than a year or two old. Once you're about two series behind, updating your drivers is probably doing more harm than good.

Any GTX 580/570 SLi and surround people care to give me feedback on how the game is running on your rig and what settings you using with this driver and the game.

Fwiw

These REALLY helped the BF3 beta experience for me on a 285 SSC.

It went from lock up every 5 minutes to mostly playable as long as I wanted even during map changes.

I take it these will only offer performance increase on current gen hardware??? My GTX 260 will see no improvement?

I'm seeing this as well. 570 SLI, my temps playing BF3 were at 90-93C on my first card and 85 or so on my second.

these did not change temps on my cards whatsoever on any game....

neither here but this driver makes my system crash in crysis2 after 10 minutes of playing.
never experienced crashes with previous drivers and my cards aren't overclocked.

Uninstalling the driver completely solved the crash problem but I notice some performance drop to 30FPS during some events with Crysis 2 and The Witcher 2.

This latest betas are definitely the worst driver I installed since january on my GTX580 SLI.

I have NEVER had an issue with any Nvidia drivers I'd used. Upgraded to these on my 570SLI setup from 266.58 and I have no problems at all.

Back