Scientists Disarm AIDS Virus’ Attack on Immune System

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
Research scientists have discovered a possible way to disable the AIDS virus and lead to a vaccine against AIDS. The research is in the laboratory stage at present time and has not been in clinical trials yet, but the results coming out of the labs are very promising.

So far, research has been conducted only in the laboratory. But Graham says he hopes studies in animals and humans will eventually lead to an AIDS vaccine.

That's great and all, but will it ever see the light of day? You now how many stories I read that they have the silver bullet to AIDS?

Hurts to say it but, watch the population sky rocket and people become even more reckless with whom they have sex with.

That's great and all, but will it ever see the light of day? You now how many stories I read that they have the silver bullet to AIDS?

Well, to be fair, in this country at least, AIDS has almost become a non-issue. It is a terrible disease but highly treatable with modern medicine and you're very, very unlikely to ever contract it in your life time. You have an astronomically higher chance of dying from cancer than you do of ever contracting that disease. The problem starts when you look at third-world countries.

Hurts to say it but, watch the population sky rocket and people become even more reckless with whom they have sex with.

So if the homosexuals get a cure for aids, how does that equal population explosion?

The female druggies are gonna have just as many as they had before. One a year until the drugs kill them.

I am most excited for people who have contracted this disease through no unsafe behavior on their part. Hemophiliacs, people who need a blood transfusion after the drunky hits them etc. etc. It will make organ transplants much safer and more available. There is no dark cloud to this announcement if true.

I'm sure we can slow/halt/kill it as it is, but the pharmaceutical industry wouldn't make as much money as they do now. Why fix it when you can deliver thousands of dollars of meds every month for just a single person over the course of 30-40 years. Plus the Bilderberg group wants to kill off 90% of the population anyway. I'll stfu now.

I'm curious.. They say the discovery "disables the attack on the immune system from the virus", it doesnt say it kills the virus. So, theoretically, wouldnt this mean that people could be potential carriers of the active virus and could still infect unvaccinated people?

Wow, what an amazing discovery this would be. I hope they nail it and AIDS becomes ancient history.

So if the homosexuals get a cure for aids, how does that equal population explosion?

The female druggies are gonna have just as many as they had before. One a year until the drugs kill them.

I am most excited for people who have contracted this disease through no unsafe behavior on their part. Hemophiliacs, people who need a blood transfusion after the drunky hits them etc. etc. It will make organ transplants much safer and more available. There is no dark cloud to this announcement if true.

Hey PAL, The largest section of people in the world who get AIDS are straight people in Africa. Yes, "US HOMO"S" was the first group to come down with this dreaded disease...but it affects more minorities and straight people now in the 21st century. You can bet, that in the late 1970's, if straight men were getting this dreaded disease...there would of been a cure within the first three years available at the drive through at Mickey D's for the price of a happy meal...

Hey PAL, The largest section of people in the world who get AIDS are straight people in Africa. Yes, "US HOMO"S" was the first group to come down with this dreaded disease...but it affects more minorities and straight people now in the 21st century. You can bet, that in the late 1970's, if straight men were getting this dreaded disease...there would of been a cure within the first three years available at the drive through at Mickey D's for the price of a happy meal...

And just for the record, I DO NOT have HIV/AIDS, but i know many people who are affected by this. And yes, it has become a somewhat "CHRONIC" condition (same as Diabetes) for people who have it...But I dare you to take those pills that my friends take, see how you feel about pumping a form of chemo into your body each morning that soem of my friends have to...and also dealing with the side effects...

Lol, he wasnt attacking homosexuals in the slightest. Defensive much?

Good, good

palpatine.jpg

This will see the day, as will hopefully the virus that eats the known forms of breast cancer in a week, but..

..what of the people suffering from either in the US? In the rest of the world, lives will be saved, will these solutions for tragic deaths be priced accordingly with other medicare?

Not in USA or Europe, but in 3rd world countries you definitely could. We at least have enough brains to put on condoms, but those guys are busy fucking without a condom. Africa is by far the worst country. The people there are like nearly 100% infected with AIDS. India and China just don't give a fuck, and will have unprotected sex no matter what.

Well, to be fair, in this country at least, AIDS has almost become a non-issue. It is a terrible disease but highly treatable with modern medicine and you're very, very unlikely to ever contract it in your life time. You have an astronomically higher chance of dying from cancer than you do of ever contracting that disease. The problem starts when you look at third-world countries.
People like to say that USA is always thinking about sex, but we're nothing compared to other countries. Plus thanks to people visiting the doctor often, you can usually find out you're infected long before it's passed onto someone else.

AIDS is a very complicated virus, and there's not way anybody could have found a cure within a short period of time. From what I understand the HIV virus attacks your immune system, and thus shutting it down. Since medicine like vaccines is used to help your immune system find the virus, it makes it very difficult to make a vaccine against HIV when the very cells that are used to detect it are the ones getting infected. HIV has many strains as well, and tend to compete with each other. The strain that wins the majority of the infected person wins, and that's when you move onto AIDS.

Now as far as how the virus went from monkeys to humans is mostly just speculation. Africa has tribes that perform rituals where they drink monkey blood. Yep, so because Africa is still an ass backwards country, they helped a virus that was exclusive to monkeys go on and mutate for humans. Of course, sex with monkeys is also possible, and doesn't make Africa look any less stupid.

As to how the virus migrated to the First World Countries, it was done through homosexuals. Unlike straight people, homosexuals have no need for condoms and protection. The virus may have spread from a straight person to straight person before it infected a homosexual, but it exploded through homosexual sex.

The virus is clearly not the homosexuals fault, but it did spread faster because of them. A lot of idiots thought the virus was only for homosexuals, but just for idiots who don't use condoms, and who didn't bother to get tested.

Who cares about AIDS? I'm wondering when the Breast Cancer research will payoff. As a guy, I know I face a real chance of this. I've been buying pink-lid Yoplait yogurt for years because some of the money goes to breast cancer research. Yet, still no cure. How long does it take? How long must I live in fear and do breast self-exams? And, how come I'm the only guy at the breast cancer screening clinic? (BTW, a great place to meet MILF.)

I'll believe it when I see it. They've said this about HIV vaccines too many times before.

This is entirely feasible, but can you imagine how expensive the treatment will be?

It's a horrible disease, and I hope it gets killed.

i don't want to imagine what will replace it.

and yes i will put on my tin foil hat but some large pharma company will buy this up and charge a fortune for it thus not making it useful for the largest population with aids as they wont be able to afford it like most medication to treat aids today.

Nice try twisting those facts around, that is per patient, we still spend double the total amount on cancer than on aids, 3 billion vs 6 billion

Even if "homo's" aren't making kids, you might be surprised to know that they actually count as the population just by being alive.

Says here that about 1.8 Million people die each from AIDS. That would increase the population just by not dieing.

My question is, which big corporation is providing the funding? I'm sure a vaccine of this status will certainly be controlled by an elite...

Great, more over population!

as said, i dont want to know what will hit humans next, with more people using these "anti bacterial" creams every time they touch things the human defense system is going to go to crap and more people are going to die from simple colds.

What do you expect. In this country for every person who dies of AIDS we spend $300k a year on research, while only spending $11k for cancer, or $3k for heart disease. http://www.fairfoundation.org/factslinks.htm

That seems ...odd. Those numbers considering how many people die of AIDs each year versus Cancer. Better fund-raising? Do rich people tend to use high class prostitutes more often and contract AIDs thus encouraging the richest 10% of the population to donate some of their 40% of the wealth they control?

something worse will pop up to kill us if we ever cure aids.

because everyone knows aids was sent to us by god to teach us a lesson.....its his will, so it will be done, and of course if we end up finding a cure it will of course be because god willed it and then he will will a new terrible replacement on mankind, because that's love :rolleyes:

because everyone knows aids was sent to us by god to teach us a lesson.....its his will, so it will be done, and of course if we end up finding a cure it will of course be because god willed it and then he will will a new terrible replacement on mankind, because that's love :rolleyes:
Where did I even hint at a god in my post.
Here's a hint...I didn't

Look at how dumb you are

But what are the odds of them developing this into a stretched out treatment plan rather than a one shot cure?

I'm curious.. They say the discovery "disables the attack on the immune system from the virus", it doesnt say it kills the virus. So, theoretically, wouldnt this mean that people could be potential carriers of the active virus and could still infect unvaccinated people?

From what i understand. It seems that what they cracked was the root cause of how it wears down the immune system. Since that process is blocked, and the immune system can now react to it properly, it'll get naturally treated and flushed out of the body just like any other virus.

I'm not familiar with viruses, but do you still carry smallpox and flu viruses that you've had when you were a kid?

It's horrible how many posters in this thread don't agree.

Because a lot of people haven't confronted real life yet. Everything can be solved with an opinion.
Until they start to see their friends and family die hopelessly from these types of dieases, their opinion and outlook about life will change.

Back