Blizzard Pushes Out Diablo III Release Date Until 2012

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
Good news for beta testers, but bad news for buyers: Blizzard announced on Friday that the awaited release of Diablo 3 will not happen this year. The release is now planned for early in 2012 and beta testing will continue and expand until the release goes gold.

Booooooooooooo!

Did anyone get into the beta for Diablo 3?

My friend who plays diablo 2 all the time will be greatly disappointed when I tell him later, what a shame for the diablo folk

We've already been waiting this long for it, so I'm not really that bothered. Plus, I'll have BF3 and Skyrim to keep me busy throughout the winter.

Is it just me or has this turned a little Duke Nukem? Taking quite awhile to release and by some of the changes I am seeing, it could very easily suck anyway.

Yeah but Duke Nukem BOMBED HARD plus took twice as long, while Diablo 3 is clearly a badass game as it stands. Check youtube, its definitely going to be good.

wait.. is anyone seriously surprised by this? I always expected it next year (my guess is march/april)

I'm fine with waiting if the game is to be polished further. This game can't fail. The PC gaming community needs an old time favorite revival. UT3 failed, Duke failed, Doom failed, COD is washed out. Only current hope if BF3 which may live up to the hype. Diablo II is still a legendary game and can't be followed up by something only partially functional/completed.

I'm not surprised, Blizzard games almost always come out later than expected. This gives more time to catch up on my backlog :)
Because when D3 is released, my backlog will mysteriously cease to exist.

Yeah but Duke Nukem BOMBED HARD plus took twice as long, while Diablo 3 is clearly a badass game as it stands. Check youtube, its definitely going to be good.

Maybe I'm just a little sour over the fact that when it comes out I won't have the time to play it like I did D2.

Guess the Beta will have to hold me over until then

Unless Borderlands 2 happens to come out beforehand :-P

But yeah.. saw this coming.. Its standard Blizzard practice to push it back generally 4 times before launch.

We all saw this and pretty much don't care as long as the game is not shit in a box...

I'm not surprised it was pushed back because i've always anticipated 2012 anyway. Besides, that'll give me more time to play BF3 and Skyrim.

I'm still wondering why the second episode of Starcraft 2 is taking so fucking long. They have the entire game engine, they have probably 95% of all the in game units done when the first one was released Does making the CG in between mission movies take that long?

This sucks.. but... bliz tends to get it right so if they say it needs more time then I guess it needs more time. This game will be fun as strippers in mud so what are you gonna do? lol.

Are they working on Borderlands 2? If so that will be a must buy for me.:D

I'm still wondering why the second episode of Starcraft 2 is taking so fucking long. They have the entire game engine, they have probably 95% of all the in game units done when the first one was released Does making the CG in between mission movies take that long?

Yeah, I too can't wait until 2015 when the second episode of Starcraft 2 will come out.

Is it just me or has this turned a little Duke Nukem? Taking quite awhile to release and by some of the changes I am seeing, it could very easily suck anyway.

Nah Diablo earned their own reputation with Diablo II. Remember how the first half of the game was so nasty graphically and it improved later on?

^ Just saying I'm not too keen on the new health orb system instead of good old potions as it has always been.

Looks pretty boring

I was thinking the same thing.... but also "looks pretty easy". I don't think I saw a single enemy hit back or our 'barbarian' get hit once. WW => gg? Mobs that stand there and get hit and you collect the loot after => FL after the most recent nerf? lol

There's better games to play than Diablo 3, like Dark Souls, I'll be playing those games instead. Diablo 3 is a consolized and Koticked Diablo 2 with a new skin and bad art design.

Enjoy that.

After hearing some things from some people in the beta that I personally know, I'm more than willing to wait for Blizzard to work the kinks out and deliver a more polished public.

There's better games to play than Diablo 3, like Dark Souls, I'll be playing those games instead. Diablo 3 is a consolized and Koticked Diablo 2 with a new skin and bad art design.

Enjoy that.

Yeah....I dunno, I loved Diablo 2 but after this much time I honestly don't have much excitement left for Diablo 3. Definitely not going to be a day one purchase for me.

Enjoy that.

So you say it's consolized then talk about a fucking console game...

/sigh

This must be the first Blizzard game launch you've followed...

I read that its planned that you can they just do not have the feature toggable at this time.

It is a bummer its delayed, hopefully in time for new AMD video 7xxx cards and mayan zombies.

Enjoy that.

Iam starting to get that feeling too :(

Need 20 more weeks for fine tuning! Then a 2 GB patch a few days after release! Even though the logic is on our servers. kthx

So you say it's consolized then talk about a fucking console game...

/sigh

That's Japan. Eastern Europe is cranking out PC-only titles in many cases (not Bulletstorm).

This is the part where I say "I told you so".

I told you so.

Not that it's very difficult to do. Blizz said WoW was going to get 1 expansion a year. Nope. Blizz said StarCraft II was going to get 1 expansion a year. Nope.

I was thinking the same thing.... but also "looks pretty easy". I don't think I saw a single enemy hit back or our 'barbarian' get hit once. WW => gg? Mobs that stand there and get hit and you collect the loot after => FL after the most recent nerf? lol

Easy, yea. There's not even any mana or health orbs displayed. So you must not be able to die. :p But yea, looks boring as. Yawn. And what's with the slow down with sfa on the screen? Suffering the same fate as sc2 did to me, they have taken so long I don't care anymore. And nah, still never bothered to get sc2 yet either. Not to mention the same fate as duke, taken so long it's obsoleted itself.

I'd rather borderlands 2.

Nooooooooooooo

Oh well, BF3 is out in a month anyway, I've got plenty to keep me company :)

Easy, yea. There's not even any mana or health orbs displayed. So you must not be able to die. :p But yea, looks boring as. Yawn. And what's with the slow down with sfa on the screen? Suffering the same fate as sc2 did to me, they have taken so long I don't care anymore. And nah, still never bothered to get sc2 yet either. Not to mention the same fate as duke, taken so long it's obsoleted itself.

I'd rather borderlands 2.

The gameplay videos that I've seen of the Monk, have been extremely under impressive. Only looks like they could be a DII Paladin equivalent is having a bunch of mobs hitting the monk, and not have him go down, is that they had god mode on or something...

Back