HP Stock Hits 6yr Low After Whitman Named CEO

HardOCP News

[H] News
Ouch! That's not much of a vote of confidence, is it? Well, you have to give HP credit for establishing the "CEO-for-a-year-and-get-a-multi-million-dollar-severance-package-when-you-are-fired" trend. :D

Hewlett-Packard Co.'s stock sank Friday to its lowest level in six years, as investors worried that new CEO Meg Whitman isn't the right person to turn the company's fortunes around. The stock was down 90 cents, or 4 percent, at $21.90 in midday trading. In the morning, the stock hit $21.50, its lowest level since May 2005. Broader market gauges were up slightly after a week of volatile trading.

Shouldn't they be happy that that moron before is gone? Even if they named a talking parrot, i'm sure it's an improvement...

Him and the CEO of netflix had a back corner deal where they best $1 on who could tank their stock more. I think the bet is still going.

Any bets on how long she lasts??

However long it takes for the general stock market to start gaining again, taking HP along with it, at which point she claims, "I did it all! Me me me!" and takes off with a fat bonus.

I think the crux of the matter is that she plans on continuing just what Apotheker was doing. So its definitely time to sell your HP stock.

I was thinking, maybe the stock is right where it should be with the world economy as it is. Europe isn't doing so shit hot with the watered down country defaults about to begin.

If anyone can fix HP, it's Meg Whitman. She's a no bullshit geterdone type person. Just what that company (and a lot of others) need. A swift kick in the balls is sometimes what's needed and Meg is wearing her boots.

Lowering costs by hiring illegal immigrants is always a sound business strategy. I'm sure Meg already has some good connections.

If anyone can fix HP, it's Meg Whitman. She's a no bullshit geterdone type person. Just what that company (and a lot of others) need. A swift kick in the balls is sometimes what's needed and Meg is wearing her boots.

I think it's "gitrdone".

Everything hit a low pretty much today... look at Gold, people sold huge quanities just to make up for their other loses.

So in turn, today gold hit a super low record it has not seen since the 80s! :eek:

I don't think this is a good move, never heard of the woman, so what does she truly know about tech? You have to know tech to lead a tech company into success..... what more does this woman know about tech besides logging into facebook and talking to a few clueless customers?

Everything hit a low pretty much today... look at Gold, people sold huge quanities just to make up for their other loses.

So in turn, today gold hit a super low record it has not seen since the 80s! :eek:

I don't think this is a good move, never heard of the woman, so what does she truly know about tech? You have to know tech to lead a tech company into success..... what more does this woman know about tech besides logging into facebook and talking to a few clueless customers?

stay classy [h]

Never heard of Meg Whitman, and you're talking about other people being clueless? :rolleyes:

I'm nearly speechless at the stupidity of HP's Board.

That is all I keep hearing. But good Lord does their stock look cheap right now. Too hard to pull the trigger with all the negative sentiment though.

Almost time to buy. Glad I jumped in on Cisco when it dipped below $15 in june. In 2 years they'll be over $20 again.

When would be a good time to allocate a majority of my 401K over to HP stock?

Never heard of Meg Whitman, and you're talking about other people being clueless? :rolleyes:

So because I didn't look into this woman who is being plastered all over TV, I am clueless? I know one thing pretty damn well, this lady won't do a good job... mark my words and eat it?

Oh, really? She IS the ebay lady? Yeah, I will put my comment above in concrete than. Ebay owes me $750, for their "buyer protection" policy she ran while in that horrible, slowly declining company, ebay comapny. Since my HUGE, week long complain with ebay, they still did not pay me my 100% owed money, and have since changed their "protection plan".... this was in the late 2000s too, while she ran there.

The lady will fail, she has a degree in economics.... something hugely related to a business like ebay where people go to earn/sell their used goods.

On the other hand, HP, is a TECH COMPANY, like I said before in my 1st post... she has close to 0 clues, like I said, at how to run a company like this.

Watch it tank even further.... Republicans are not smart people, 99% of the fucking time (seriously), any person who watches politics for more than an hour a day (especially avoiding fox news) KNOWS THIS COMMON FACT.

letting Rahul Sood leave HP was the single biggest mistake that company ever made. theyve been floundering ever since.

RIP HP its the beginning of the end for you guys

The speculation of a company or organization death is never good news.
I guess, I could use my 6-12 months rule for HP's bankruptcy.

My optimist says that's a good way to align CEO and business incentives.

My cynical side says it's a good way to incent the CEO to inflate the stock price over actual business objectives and a way to lower your taxes.
I figure that a CEO who is willing to make a $1 salary and limit one's severance package is preferable to one that wants a huge salary and golden parachute. (All else equal, of course.)

I'm more and more glad I left HP. Awesome people in my group (not gonna lie, I shed a few tears when I left), but a terrible company to work for.

I'm more and more glad I left HP. Awesome people in my group (not gonna lie, I shed a few tears when I left), but a terrible company to work for.

I feel the same way, some real great people I work w/, not so much in the leadership positions. I'm starting to think it's that way at any big tech company. Started out a small company that got bought out, and then that company got bought out - all in a matter of 3-4 years. Crazy times...

I feel the same way, some real great people I work w/, not so much in the leadership positions. I'm starting to think it's that way at any big tech company. Started out a small company that got bought out, and then that company got bought out - all in a matter of 3-4 years. Crazy times...

I've talked to friends at Intel, friends at Centerpoint/KBR/Oceaneering, and guys in my group from the old Compaq. It's just HP. Other tech companies can't hold a candle to HP on the crap-corp-o-meter.

When I worked for them I started out with Inacom in 1997, them Compaq bought them, then shortly after that HP "merged" with Compaq. I made it through all of that until Hurd and cohorts ordered mass US layoffs and transitioned all those job functions to foreign nations in 2009.

I'm in a much better place now, so thank you, HP for being greedy and heartless. :p

Well... That stock drop is directly related to how we feel with a CEO like Meg who took eBay and ran it into the ground. Seriously...

There's a reason her run for California governor failed badly.

Yeah, Meg became the CEO of eBay what when it was 20 employees? Not exactly a big company, and to credit its growth to Meg is laughable at best.

Then she made her run for governor, no one fucking liked her, and the only reason she got votes is because of people who didn't want a democrat to win, spent what $150M of her own money to win a job as governor? Not exactly sound business there.

Back