Inventor Of Internet Confirms iPhone Launch Date

HardOCP News

[H] News
Al Gore, the inventor of the internet, actually told the attendees of a conference today that the new "iPhones" will ship next month. I think it goes without saying that fellow board members at Apple aren't thrilled with Gore's little gaffe.

Gore spoke Wednesday at the Discovery Invest Leadership Summit in Johannesburg, South Africa. Toby Shapshak, a summit attendee and the editor of Stuff Magazine's South African edition, told The Associated Press that, when speaking about computing's exponential growth, Gore said, "Not to mention the new iPhones coming out next month. That was a plug."

Maybe announce the release sooner rather than later?

They weep on their $76 billion in cash.

And yet this country would probably be much better off had he been in charge of it the last 12 years.

Not that I am a fan of GWB, but not likely at all. 9/11 would have still happened, we would have still gone to war, still would have gone bust economically. What would have been different? The type of Southern Drawl?

Not that I am a fan of GWB, but not likely at all. 9/11 would have still happened, we would have still gone to war, still would have gone bust economically. What would have been different? The type of Southern Drawl?

Well for one thing Al Gore actually served this country in the military in an overseas war instead of staying home and then not showing up for work.

1. Gore is a member of the Apple board. So yeah, he probably has a good idea what he's talking about in this case.

2. It's too bad that HardOCP continues to inject politics into tech news. The site is worse for it.

Well for one thing Al Gore actually served this country in the military in an overseas war instead of staying home and then not showing up for work.

Which has NOTHING to do with anything, but thanks for trying.

"Excelsior!"

My guess is they're trying to launch before VIA is able to get their "iPhone" and "iPad" banned from the US Market.

It's too bad that HardOCP continues to inject politics into tech news. The site is worse for it.

It has always been that way here, and all over the rest of the net, get over it. If you go to particular site and not notice it, it is because you agree with what is being said and everybody is a Borg Drone. [H] is very mixed politically. Makes life more interdasting.

It has always been that way here, and all over the rest of the net, get over it. If you go to particular site and not notice it, it is because you agree with what is being said and everybody is a Borg Drone. [H] is very mixed politically. Makes life more interdasting.

The reason you think it is mixed is because you fail to recognize the severe right wing slant the news has on here.

Which has NOTHING to do with anything, but thanks for trying.

"Excelsior!"

You don't think having a commander-in-chief who knows what it's like to being in a conflict on foreign soil and also has a personal understanding of how the military works would change anything?

"Strategery!"

The reason you think it is mixed is because you fail to recognize the severe right wing slant the news has on here.

Sorry, opinions of the posters on the site. they are quite varied politically.

The vast majority of the "news" on the net is slanted severely left, so what if [H] leans right. You can always go to Ars and get your news, they lean nice and left, just for you. ;)

You don't think having a commander-in-chief who knows what it's like to being in a conflict on foreign soil and also has a personal understanding of how the military works would change anything?

"Strategery!"

Hasn't really helped much in the past for the most part. Many ex-military presidents have gotten us into plenty of wars, fights and international blunders. You think Gore would have been any different?

You would think a guy committed to peace and harmony would not have gotten us into more fights and skirmishes than the last one... But he did.

The President is a figurehead, the real power lies in the players behind him and in the Congress.

Hasn't really helped much in the past for the most part. Many ex-military presidents have gotten us into plenty of wars, fights and international blunders. You think Gore would have been any different?

You would think a guy committed to peace and harmony would not have gotten us into more fights and skirmishes than the last one... But he did.

The President is a figurehead, the real power lies in the players behind him and in the Congress.

I disagree, the President as commander-in-chief gives direction for our forces and helps promote policies that lead to actions on the ground. It's possible a Gore Administration wouldn't have supported torture, or focused our forces so much in Iraq while leaving Afghanistan to NATO. Gore most likely would have promoted alternative energy technology to lessen our reliance on foreign oil, something Bush and his fellow oil men didn't seem too keen on.

I disagree, the President as commander-in-chief gives direction for our forces and helps promote policies that lead to actions on the ground. It's possible a Gore Administration wouldn't have supported torture, or focused our forces so much in Iraq while leaving Afghanistan to NATO. Gore most likely would have promoted alternative energy technology to lessen our reliance on foreign oil, something Bush and his fellow oil men didn't seem too keen on.

Careful, you just got political... ;)

I do not think anything would have been much different if Gore had won, except that his term would have been likely 4 years.

Promoting "alternative" techs for energy has been front and center since the Clinton era. Bush did plenty of that, but the sheep media was too busy calling for investigations and war crimes trials so you never heard any of it. The problem is, promoting techs and actually producing tech that not only works but is at least cost neutral are two very different things.

The best engineers all over the world are working on this problem, what some elected official says means little to nothing in regards to actual breakthroughs. Even shoveling money at the issue has proven to be a fools quest.

There has been talk about an October iPhone 5 release since this past spring..

Apple to release iPhone 5 this October rather than June (from March 28, 2011)

iPhone 5 won’t be launched until Apple’s current fiscal year ends on September 24 (from March 29, 2011)

ATT Rep Outs iPhone 5 For October Release (from May 23, 2011)

Come October 2011, Apple’s iPhone 5 built for 4G will be released (from June 2, 2011)

c5101a42-fb63-4424-9eb5-2ff71caf9456.jpg

I cant tell if youre serious about Al Gore being the inventor of the internet. He wasnt...

Careful, you just got political... ;)

I do not think anything would have been much different if Gore had won, except that his term would have been likely 4 years.

Promoting "alternative" techs for energy has been front and center since the Clinton era. Bush did plenty of that, but the sheep media was too busy calling for investigations and war crimes trials so you never heard any of it. The problem is, promoting techs and actually producing tech that not only works but is at least cost neutral are two very different things.

The best engineers all over the world are working on this problem, what some elected official says means little to nothing in regards to actual breakthroughs. Even shoveling money at the issue has proven to be a fools quest.

While all sides give lip-service to alternative energy, Bush gave $14.5 billion in tax breaks for oil, gas, nuclear power and coal companies, while also deregulating those industries, especially oil. Bush's energy plan at the same time cut spending to alternative energy.

The tech is actually there, is just a matter of how much you use it compared to the other non-renewable options. If you want to see a strong economy built on renewable energy you just have to look at what Germany is doing.

Because people have opinions. Most newsposts that have any type of slant to them usually offer a pretty South Parkian view. I don't think it's a big deal one way or the other.

Like when Bush rejected the loan to Solyndra?

No like his Clean Water State Revolving Fund which was cut by $134 million
"The proposed funding level for wastewater would not even meet the investment levels that a recent EPA study finds would be needed to control wastewater pollution more than $10 billion each year for over 20 years."

or

His elimination of the Greenhouse gas registry.

or

Elimination of the Rural energy (Section 9006 grants)

or

His cutting of the Energy Star program.

or

His ending of the weatherization assistance program.

... I could go on.

I cant tell if youre serious about Al Gore being the inventor of the internet. He wasnt...

As I remember it, Gore claimed that at one point during his run for president. He was very quickly set straight and said he mis-spoke. Welcome to the world of "I didn't really mean that." Some of this is open to revision but ......

Energy Star is a steaming pile of crap. It should be removed completely, not just budget cutted.

Back