Corsair 600T optimal fan config?

Copyright

Supreme [H]ardness
I just picked up a White 600T and love it. My last case was not the best cooling but it was dead silent. Wish I could say the same for the 600T. I love the case but the cooling and noise really could be better. I only have one mechanical drive and one SSD for storage so I removed the upper HD bay. I can see that I can shift the other bay over and run a larger 200mm x30mm fan to increase the air intake and possibly put another 120mm above that in the drive bay area. What about the Top fan though? Would it be better to run dual 120's? Also I have seen some flip the fans around to blow into the case instead of exhaust. Thx for any tips.. also who makes the best 200mm x30mm fan? I was looking at the Coolermaster and the NZXT.

Same case, same problems. Here was my solution:

1)Replace front fan with the coolermaster 200mm x30mm, the LED is atrocious, but air flow is much better.
2)Move the HD bay closer to the PSU, remove the top half completely.
3)Stuck a 120mm in the 5.25 bay area, use foam around the fan to make sure it fits in snug, move it as close to the front of the case as possible.
4)Remove the top 200mm and replaced with 2 x 120mm in exhaust

I dont know the optimal solution, but you have to be careful upgrading those 200mm fans if you plan to use the case's fan controller (The Fan headers on the controller will be up to 500MA maximum for a maximum of 2 Amps shared across all the headers) lots of people blow it and get a useless knob.

have you thought of removing both hd bays and moving the drives to the 5.25" bays to further increase airflow?

I have a very different experience that you. My 600T SE is actually very quiet and does a good job cooling with just the stock fans. Keeps my 2500k around 34-35 idle.

I moved the top cage to the bottom and have all my drives in there. That opens that up to cooling a lot more, so I would recommend that first of all. Also, I believe those are 200x20mm fans, so be careful when looking for replacements.

Your fans could be bad. I know that some of the older 600T's had lousy fans which they allegedly replaced. Check out the Corsair forums.

I cutout the mesh on the front and top of the case and fan noise was greatly reduced and flow increased. Temps consequently went down a bit. I also swapped in slight better fans from a 650d. However, I no longer use this case. It's back in its box. :)

I think all 600t se had the upgraded fans, the black case had 800rpm ones, but my 600t fans are extremely quiet as well

The fans that come with the 600t se are rated at:
Speed: 1000 RPM
Airflow: 39 CFM
Static Pressure: .63mm-H2O
Noise: 23.4dBA
(taken from corsair site)

Well everything is good but my front fan has a bit of a whistle or high pitched noise. I know I can get more out of it with less noise. I know the 30mm fan will fit up front but not up top. Everything I have read says 2 x 120mm up to for better and quieter cooling. To each his own I guess. The case cools as well but I know I can get more out of it with the right fans. I like my setup very quiet. I have to get the 200mm fans down to 600rpm at idle to get rid of thier noise.. my motherboard throttles them up. Anyone know if you can run the 200 x 30mm Coolermaster off a motherboard fan header?

What is your CPU cooler?

Nevermind, I see it's the Thermalright Archon. I thought the fans on the 600T were loud when I first got it. Turns out it was the Cooler Master 212+ fan.

Did you take out fans of the case to see which one is the cause?

Last edited:
My issue is the 200mm fans for sure. The front has a whistle if its over 600rpm which I have read this seems to be common. I have decided on my cooling setup but do have a question.

Front Fan - Coolermaster Megaflow (yes it will fit with slight mods) On Fan controller knob.
Front Bay Fan - Arctic cooling PWM 120mm (Daisy Chained)
Top Fans - 2x 120mm Arctic cooling PWM (Daisy Chained) Exhaust or intake???
Rear Fan - Arctic cooling PWM 120mm (Daisy Chained)

All Daisy chained fans will throttle up under load controlled by one of the PWM ports on my mobo. I had this before on my last case and LOVED it. The Coolermaster I will throttle my self on the Corsair's fan controller. My only question is do I take the top fans and make them intake and go for a positive pressure setup or leave them as exhaust fans? I suspect this setup at idle will be very quiet like my last setup.

I think all 600t se had the upgraded fans, the black case had 800rpm ones, but my 600t fans are extremely quiet as well

The fans that come with the 600t se are rated at:
Speed: 1000 RPM
Airflow: 39 CFM
Static Pressure: .63mm-H2O
Noise: 23.4dBA
(taken from corsair site)

That doesn't seem right.. I thought I read it was 92cfm? I think I could fart 39 cfm....

Last edited:
So apparently the controller that comes integrated in the case is some what strong.
If these people are daisy chaining up to 7 or 8 fans then the only issue is whether the controller can hold 2 or 4 amps...

Corsair case fan specs for the 600T SE per Corsair...

The 1000 RPM versions are about 92 CFM, 28.8dBA, and draw about 3.7W at full load.

SDC11723.jpg

SDC11728.jpg

SDC11708.jpg

I5 2500K / HIS 6870 / 16GB G Skill X series / AsRock P67 Extreme4 Gen 3 / Xigmatek Gaia CPU Cooler / all Xigmatek Fans to replace Exhaust fans.

More to come soon...

Well I ended up configuring them like this and had great results. I also cut away the grills in front of all fans which really reduced the noise. Temps are great now!

Front Fan - Coolermaster Megaflow (yes it will fit with slight mods) On Fan controller knob.
Front Bay Fan - Arctic cooling PWM 120mm (Daisy Chained)
Top Fans - 2x 120mm Arctic cooling PWM (Daisy Chained) Exhaust Rear Fan - Arctic cooling PWM 120mm (Daisy Chained)
Rear Fan - Arctic cooling PWM 120mm (Daisy Chained)

Gotta bump it. How much did your temps go down when you cut away the front grill?

i also have to bump this thread with a question for anyone with a 600T with MSI R6970 Lighting's. anyone have a good suggestion for good airflow? the R6970's expel exhaust into the case.

6767307967_14a5dd2d8c_z.jpg

Guess ill answer my own question :) I cut the front grill out and replaced the fan with an NZXT 200mm (actually its 194mm) and used 3 large zip ties to hold it there. Cant use 4 cause only 3 somewhat line up. Case temps wend down almost 20c!!! My 7970 went down 14c. Is that a 120mm mounted on top of the 200mm? Stacking fans actually makes things worse :( I also have completely removed the lower drive cages and mounted my 2 drives up in the 5 1/4 bays with adapters.

i dont have the Corsair 200mm fans anymore just a Noctua 120mm in the front. i have my hard drive cage full and i dont think i could move the drives up but that does make sense.

i thought about moving the drives to the lower position but it was in the way of the second R6970 intake. i've lowered the GPU temps a few degrees by pointing the 2 fans on the door as exhaust rather than intake.

Back