A Closer Look At Google Wallet

HardOCP News

[H] News
Anyone planning on using Google wallet should check out this article / slide show.

There are more than 144,000 merchants who supposedly are capable of using PayPass at their locations, according to MasterCard. But as I found out on my shopping trip, some stores listed in the locator don't actually use PayPass and others say that PayPass doesn't work reliably for their customers.

so this "article" was posted to the front page in order to discredit Google Wallet? This is not front page news worthy broseph. Sorry. It implies Wallet doesn't work when if you read the article it clearly shows that PayPass doesn't work. PayPass does not equal Google Wallet. Pay Pass would work equally as crappy with any other Pay Pass cards or devices.

This is a N=1 blog entry about a guys experience with PayPass, the fact he used Google Wallet is secondary if not tertiary. In all fairness Google should have made sure the PayPass payment processor could handle things, so for not propping up the infrastructure I blame them but only in part. I used to install POS systems and it's a nightmare to keep bored teenage store employees from jacking shit up.

Meanwhile on other technology sites there's full indepth coverage of the Ivy Bridge architecture......come on guys.....i want to get my tech news here......but i dont right now.....

Back