Netflix Fails To Secure @Quikster

HardOCP News

[H] News
What's worse than not setting up a Twitter account for your new product ahead of time? Failing to do basic research to find out that a foul-mouthed-pot-smoking Elmo has had that name for months. Oh yeah, good job on not having a Facebook page either. :eek:

Yep, @Qwikster is a joint-smoking Elmo who gets bored in English class, harbors negative feelings about his ex-girlfriend, and recently attained level 25 in the Original Gangstaz game for iPhone.

I bet this guys day is about to get better when they offer him a lot of money for the account name....lucky bastard. :D

eh, I dont blame em for not caring if some noob on twitter happened to already be using that name.

I bet this guys day is about to get better when they offer him a lot of money for the account name....lucky bastard. :D

For some reason I think they could give this guy a real low-ball offer and he'd take it...

Well the upside is that the company can probably claim a trademark claim on it and the other guy will lose it... even though the other guy had it long before Netflix decide to change to a retarded name.

Nope, the guy will probably find himself unable to log in one day under a 'terms of service' violation. Could be his Elmo, could be his drug references, Twitter will be sure to tell him something like that, meanwhile Netflix will be right there to conveniently register it at that same second.

hahahahaha

it might be because im tired but the frist 30 secs i didnt laugh was just thinking they must be dumb but the more i think about it the funnier it seems and i cant help but laugh hard

hahaha

hahahahaha

it might be because im tired but the frist 30 secs i didnt laugh was just thinking they must be dumb but the more i think about it the funnier it seems and i cant help but laugh hard

hahaha

Hi, is your Twitter handle Quikster?

Dude is going to be able to buy a lot of pot with the money he'll get.

Don't really care if some companies do not have a twitter account or facebook page.

Well the upside is that the company can probably claim a trademark claim on it and the other guy will lose it... even though the other guy had it long before Netflix decide to change to a retarded name.

Maybe Nickelodeon will smack Netflix after that, seeing as they had this Quickster first:

Guess nobody at Netflix has kids..........either that or some Netflix guy is about to go " Dammit...........THAT'S where I heard that name before......DOH! "

unledgv.gif

Can the company that seemed to be going to the top of the world fail anymore?

Sheese, do they suck now. :cool:

maybe the stoner is netflix...it would explain a number of their choices recently..

idiots.. I'm about ready to drop them...oh yeah and WMC plugin not working right all weekend not helping (add to instant queue not working on two different machines) ..idiots.

right after the play button disappeared for a week...

I get the feeling it was all done on purpose. Any business major fresh out of Tech School would have called this a bad move- and I have yet to find anything Stupid about Netflix. I mean, seriously, who still uses DVDs? This thing reeks of "Let's make it harder and more complicated to rent DVDs so people will say 'Hell with this, I'll just stream it instead!'".

If nothing else, I'm getting real tired of flipping through Netflix to find something I want to watch, only to learn that I can't stream it. I'm bored tonight. Not tomorrow, not in the 3-5 days it'll take a DVD to get here.

That said, Fark had it right.

If nothing else, I'm getting real tired of flipping through Netflix to find something I want to watch, only to learn that I can't stream it. I'm bored tonight. Not tomorrow, not in the 3-5 days it'll take a DVD to get here.

+1. The only reason I still use DVDs is if I can't stream the content. Also - if the DVD-by-mail service is on the way out, why rename it to something retarded?

I will say that I'm spoiled and watch most of the time on our 126" projector screen ... and upscaled DVDs usually look better than HD Netflix streams, better audio too. Could be something about the setup, I used to think streaming looked better on a 55" LCD.

I love Netflix streaming, and the price increase really isn't that big of a deal to me. Still a great value in my opinion. That said, when I read this on CNN this morning, I had to double check and make sure I hadn't accidentally clicked through to an article from the onion. I have a feeling we'll be seeing this on a "top 10 dumbest/most bizarre business decisions" list here real soon.

Netflix Blog

When I read the blog today, my jaw just about dropped through the floor. How can a company as successful as Netflix be making so many bad decisions like these? I understood the price raise and excepted it, but to separate the services into basically two different company's is ridiculous. Last thing I want to track is another bill. I like having all my Netflix needs on one website, and one bill. I may as well start using Amazon on demand or one of the other services if I'm going to have to deal with a separate website for streaming and another website for my dvd queue. This is the worse decision they could have made. They should be mending the broken fence rather then setting fire to the bridge. Netflix is done. Its only a matter of time now.

One comment said something along the lines of "Colleges will be adding an elective in their business programs on how to self destruct a successfully business 101 and it will be based off studies on Netflix's fall from the top".

I get the feeling it was all done on purpose. Any business major fresh out of Tech School would have called this a bad move- and I have yet to find anything Stupid about Netflix. I mean, seriously, who still uses DVDs? This thing reeks of "Let's make it harder and more complicated to rent DVDs so people will say 'Hell with this, I'll just stream it instead!'".

Alot more people have DVD players, than have devices or broadband connections that can stream video to thier TV's.

Just wait until the post office stops Saturday delivery, closes down a bunch of their sorting centers, and changes 1st class to 2-3 day delivery (instead of 1-2 days). That will make a serious dent in the number of DVD's that can be rented in a month.

Maybe I should go buy some Redbox (coinstar) stock :)

I love Netflix streaming, and the price increase really isn't that big of a deal to me. Still a great value in my opinion. That said, when I read this on CNN this morning, I had to double check and make sure I hadn't accidentally clicked through to an article from the onion. I have a feeling we'll be seeing this on a "top 10 dumbest/most bizarre business decisions" list here real soon.
It's great when it works.

Netflix telling me a 20Mbit connection isn't good enough, basically, is stupid.

And their streaming HD selection is woefully wanting.

I had my account on a 90 day hold while I decided if I missed it at all but after seeing they were going to split it into to account under 2 companies I just cancelled it altogether.

This twitter/facebook misconception is getting to me.... why does every shitty wannabe company, and now every BIG company, think that they need to make a twitter/facebook?

What the fuck happened to making your own .com website?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! ..............!??!?!

instead of JOIN US AT OURSHOW.COM (which can easily have a facebook/twitter feed of any name you'd like with no problems) --- they are saying a more annoying, harder to find, JOIN US ON A FEW OF THESE WEBSITES THAT WE DON'T CONTROL AT ALL.

In-fucking-sane.. people are so sheepish lately. It's just fucking sad and one reason America isn't as innovative as it once was.... follow, follow, follow. Barely any LEADING.

Netflix sucks because half of the stuff on basic TV (yes basic TV) is not even on Netflix until MONTHS later.

Take breaking bad for example... best drama on TV and its not on netflix. Epic fail for sure, just at that one show you lost TONS of customers.... not to mention many other popular TV shows/movies that rarely have the entire selection on netflix.

It never WAS good if you ask me... Hulu was the best streaming service, but now its all gay anime cartoons and old ish.

Someone, on this site with the ability.... please make a new steaming site with all the stuff we want to watch. Someone here on this site can do it, legally..... if I had the resources and money I'd wing it myself.

I dunno. He might also be extremely annoyed and nervous about the sudden attention on him and his possible drug usage. Assuming he does drugs.

If Netflix plays dirty (ala RIAA), the Qwikster guy's going to be offered his life free of drug charges and penalties in exchange for his Facebook and Twitter name.

Because a guy who has a few joints is such a criminal.... :rolleyes:

Only millions upon millions of Americans openly say they smoke, its not a crime (in 15 states, plus Washington D.C)

Back