In MasterCard’s Future, You Can Buy Things by Waving at Your TV

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
MasterCard unveiled several innovations at a news conference on Thursday for Google Wallet. The launch of Google Wallet will be convenient enough on its own, but MasterCard just had to play one-upmanship with prototypes of future payment options.

Most impressive — or frightening, depending on how you look at it — was the Xbox Kinect prototype. To purchase a product on TV, users simply wave their hands at an icon in the corner of the screen

Sounds cool... but I can see lots of trouble...

Probably should make it wave to add to a list that you can check and properly confirm later.

.... Should I patent that?

Sounds cool... but I can see lots of trouble...

Probably should make it wave to add to a list that you can check and properly confirm later.

.... Should I patent that?

If you were a big company, you would patent that. And, in the next couple of years someone will patent it.

To purchase a product on TV, users simply wave their hands at an icon in the corner of the screen

In other news today, citizens will be pleased to know that we are strapping everyone down in front of your authorized purchasing devices an hour early tonight. We know that many of you are so happy that you will try to squirm away and we suggest that you control your happiness by purchasing products. Thank you for your cooperation.

Interesting patent " the ability to confirm purchase over the tv using any non-telephone ordering"

There that's sufficiently general

In the future according to Jim Gaffigan, well just be pulling up to fast food places and grunting. I do not doubt it.

I can see somebody's kid waving at the TV all day when their parents aren't around.

Oh, and all the hacking and lawsuits that will happen inevitably.

Spammer above please ban him, and DONT CLick it!!! ----------------------^

Scary stuff actually. When you make spending so easy it is almost automatic you know that certain people will go deep into debt and never come back. :mad:

Back