Mac App Store Now Warns Customers Buying Pre-Installed Apps

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
Apple has added a nice feature to its App Store to remind buyers that they have already purchased and installed an App before they buy it for the second time. I’m just wondering how Apple will turn this into a money maker? :D

While this warning hasn't eliminated the problem, it does tip customers off to the fact that they're about to pay for an app they already own.

lol, stupid Mac users. Needing constant protection from themselves since 1976

warning: you are installing this into an inferior product with too many working features that isn't fully locked down. Please buy new model or we'll no longer be BFFs. This is your final warning. Continued noncomplience will result in death of foreign workers or beatings at your local store. If you want this on your consious, please by all means, continue.

...:D

Wouldn't it make more sense for the app store to just not charge people if they try to buy something they already have?

The money maker is probably going to be to transfer your ownership into the app store model so that apple will get a cut of future upgrades.

wasn't this already a feature? I've been warned that I own an app therefore I didn't have to buy it. This is different then right? That must be it.

The fact that they are willing let customer re-purchase something they purchased before is how these jokers will make money. That option versus just ensuring you have easy access to all your apps (like what I pointed out earlier) would have been the right way to do this but no money would be made.

Doesn't take a genius.

...or does it? :)

wasn't this already a feature? I've been warned that I own an app therefore I didn't have to buy it. This is different then right? That must be it.

The fact that they are willing let customer re-purchase something they purchased before is how these jokers will make money. That option versus just ensuring you have easy access to all your apps (like what I pointed out earlier) would have been the right way to do this but no money would be made.

Doesn't take a genius.

...or does it? :)
No, this is different. It's not talking about mobile apps. It's referring to people who have bought something outside the app store, such as FCP or PS or Aperture. Now that those apps have been added to the app store people can buy them through the app store and receive automatic updates and redownload them through the app store.

Evidently this is a big news flash to [H] members even though you can buy games on Steam you already own for similar convenience features...or GFWL...or the PS3 Network...or...well any dd service in existence that I'm aware of but this time it's Apple so hence the obligatory bashing.

Back