Microsoft Delivers Internet Explorer 10 Test Build for Windows 8

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
Microsoft released Windows 8 to developers and to interested parties willing to test the pre-beta release this week to a rousing reception. MS also released the counterpart to its operating system, Internet Explorer 10 PP3, for developers to test in conjunction with the OS release. Obviously neither release is meant to be run on a production machine, but for comprehensive testing.

Microsoft is advising Windows 8 customers who need to access consumer sites and line of business applications that require legacy ActiveX controls to use IE 10 in the Desktop App to get to these sites.

IE10 is OK in the dev release of Windows 8. I just wish there was an official way to disable the metro ui. I don't like it for regular desktop computing.

Just installed Win 8 X64 this morning and using it right now.. didn't take long at all to install on my 2009 laptop with T4200 @ 2.00GHz and 4GB of RAM - IE 10 seemed decent enough even though I never use IE but instead use a Chrome derivative called SRWare Iron - Only thing so far that I have noticed is that keyboard/mouse pad has gotten WAY more sensitive.. it is zooming my cursor around a lot more than before.. noticed that the button to turn off the mouse pad isn't working even though the light changes color saying it should be off. Of course going to take some getting use to moving from the new Start screen to all the other parts of Win 8

While typing this I did something I didn't mean to and got whisked off to the //build screen.. took me a minute to figure out that hitting the Windows key gets you back to the Start screen - Not bad but hard to type since my mouse pad has gotten super sensitive.. is moving my cursor all over the screen if I get anywhere near the mouse pad!! Also Adobe is bugging me about installing Flash!

Just installed Win 8 X64 this morning and using it right now.. didn't take long at all to install on my 2009 laptop with T4200 @ 2.00GHz and 4GB of RAM - IE 10 seemed decent enough even though I never use IE but instead use a Chrome derivative called SRWare Iron - Only thing so far that I have noticed is that keyboard/mouse pad has gotten WAY more sensitive.. it is zooming my cursor around a lot more than before.. noticed that the button to turn off the mouse pad isn't working even though the light changes color saying it should be off. Of course going to take some getting use to moving from the new Start screen to all the other parts of Win 8

While typing this I did something I didn't mean to and got whisked off to the //build screen.. took me a minute to figure out that hitting the Windows key gets you back to the Start screen - Not bad but hard to type since my mouse pad has gotten super sensitive.. is moving my cursor all over the screen if I get anywhere near the mouse pad!! Also Adobe is bugging me about installing Flash!

The mouse pad sensitivity could be due to drivers.

Thanks chinesepiratefood.. Win 8 had some updates and one was for Synaptics PS/2 Port TouchPad. Mouse still moves around some when I get near the pad but at least it made the off button work. Installed Chrome and SRWare Iron browsers and both work fine. Has been fun playing around with Win 8 today!

Reactions: Santa
like this
Back