Don't Study The Video Game, Study The Player

HardOCP News

[H] News
I know this article claims to be a study about video games but, once you read it, I'm sure you will agree that it is actually a study in common sense. ;)

"It appears that competition in games is what may influence aggression, not the violent content," says lead author Paul Adachi, whose study was conducted at Brock University in St. Catharines, Ontario. "We found — irrespective of violent content — the two highly competitive games produced more aggressive behavior than the two less competitive games."

So people that are already messed up in the head have a higher tendency to do bad things when exposed to certain kinds of stresses than people that aren't messed up in the head. Really, they needed a study for this? If they wanted to find out if competition and psycho behavior lead to violent behavior they could have saved a lot of time and money by reading news clippings about the Cincinnati Bengals. :rolleyes:

So people that are already messed up in the head have a higher tendency to do bad things when exposed to certain kinds of stresses than people that aren't messed up in the head. Really, they needed a study for this? If they wanted to find out if competition and psycho behavior lead to violent behavior they could have saved a lot of time and money by reading news clippings about the Cincinnati Bengals. :rolleyes:
Personally, I don't think it's so much that they need a study, it's more that they just want the money they get to do a study.

I live near Brock University. I have nothing else relevant to add to this topic and would of loved to be the angry [H] test subject :mad:

Seems like common sense, but we need studies like these if only to counterbalance the other studies which don't jive with common sense.

Back