FBI: Celebrities Targeted by Computer Hackers

HardOCP News

[H] News
The poverty level in the U.S. is higher than it has been in decades and there is no end in sight for the unemploy....OMG HACKERS STOLE NAKED PICTURES OF SCARLETT JOHANSSON!!!!!

An FBI spokeswoman in Los Angeles says agents are investigating a series of computer hacking attacks on celebrities. The FBI's Laura Eimiller said Wednesday that dozens of celebrities had been targeted by hackers, who stole personal information from email and other computer accounts.

The pics werent even that good.

The Rihanna pics on the other hand....

Don't take nude pictures of yourself and store them on any internet enabled device. Seriously, how Effing hard is that concept?

Besides...hacked her phone? Uh huh...sure. :rolleyes:

Don't take nude pictures of yourself and store them on any internet enabled device. Seriously, how Effing hard is that concept?

BINGO! People are DUMB. Really surprises me how clueless people can be especially people under the age of 25 who grew up with this sh1t.

Or don't take naked pictures of yourself PERIOD... I mean seriously WTF is with girls feeling the need to take shitty hand held cam pictures of themselves naked doing the duck face...

don't get me wrong, I appreciate it greatly as a guy, but don't act all sad and upset when the pictures get leaked.

Who cares?

And why is such trivial nonsense on [H]??

On behalf of HardOCP I'd like to apologize to you, 7.3 year member with 12 posts, regarding news of hacking being posted to a technology website being too trivial. Here's an article to help make it right:

Link

Love the way you set up the link. Who wouldn't click on a link that reads "naked pictures of Scarlet Johansson" :)

PRO-TIP: don't take nude pictures of yourself at all. Problem solved.

If you want someone to see you naked, show it to him/her/them(lol)...

...don't forget to make sure no one is with a camera on.

BINGO! People are DUMB. Really surprises me how clueless people can be especially people under the age of 25 who grew up with this sh1t.

I can see what you are saying... BUT, I'd like to add: these are celebrities that are being hacked, not the average person. They should have learned that lesson long ago, after the 10th time this happened. The Average Joe (or Average Jane) are clueless about this, but the celebrities are even more clueless. WTF are they thinking? I don't think they are.

Okay, well please provide a list of what laws you would allow to be enforced they can make sure not to move outside of it.

Let's narrow it down then. Why is the FBI using taxpayers money and time to investigate a celebrities problem when if this happened to us, they would just giggle and hang up the phone with us.

From the extremely brief article, it does sound as though this is a series of hacks with a specific group targeted (celebrities) not a single occurrence. Also, it isn't just naked pics but e-mail and personal information - ID theft. If the FBI believes it is the same person or group behind all or most of these, they would be much more likely to start an investigation. It isn't just over 1 celeb's nekkid pics being leaked.

first of all SJ is dumb for two reasons...

1.) Self Nudies, in general, they're gonna leak out one way or another.

2.) Cease and Desist order ain't gonna do crap. She needs to understand that once it on the interwebs... forever on the interwebs. She needs to start charging for licensing to use and distribute and cash in on it on the big pr0n sites.

Just the new way of making nude scenes for popularity, more exciting than half a tit in movies.

Let's narrow it down then. Why is the FBI using taxpayers money and time to investigate a celebrities problem when if this happened to us, they would just giggle and hang up the phone with us.

I was about to answer but it appears TwistedAegis beat me to it.

From the extremely brief article, it does sound as though this is a series of hacks with a specific group targeted (celebrities) not a single occurrence. Also, it isn't just naked pics but e-mail and personal information - ID theft. If the FBI believes it is the same person or group behind all or most of these, they would be much more likely to start an investigation. It isn't just over 1 celeb's nekkid pics being leaked.

The poverty level in the U.S. is higher than it has been in decades and there is no end in sight for the unemploy....OMG HACKERS STOLE NAKED PICTURES OF SCARLETT JOHANSSON!!!!!

And the peasants rejoiced!

They were naked pic's ... I see no reason to not like them :)
As far as FBI involvement, status quo ...

Here is a hint for celebs , if you don't want naked photos of yourself being released THEN DON'T TAKE THEM and save them on your cell.

Fucking idiots.

Tens of millions of women take naked pictures of themselves. Nowadays it's the norm. How many end up for everyone to see on the internet? So lets not do anything with out computers and cell phones since they might be hacked.

So many people do it nowadays it's not a big deal. In a generation or two if you don't have naked pictures of yourself on the internet, you'll be considered odd.

i can see the "naked picture of scarlett johansson" search stats soaring on google. lol

So many people do it nowadays it's not a big deal. In a generation or two if you don't have naked pictures of yourself on the internet, you'll be considered odd.

Yeah, can't wait for when those are used as part of the intro for the presidential debates...rofl. Viewer Discretion Advised: Nude Pictures of Ron Paul incoming.

The FBI investigating this has nothing to with wasting money. They just want to see Scarlets tits like everyone else. Do you really think that they would have even batted an eye if the "hackers" had stolen pictures of Scarlets shoe collection?

Someone keep a look out for nude pics from Katy Perrys' phone.

Why would she take pics like that? They seem like they were taken for someone....

Okay, well please provide a list of what laws you would allow to be enforced they can make sure not to move outside of it.

I will get right on that as soon as I finish jerkin' it to the SJ pics.

The FBI investigating this has nothing to with wasting money. They just want to see Scarlets tits like everyone else. Do you really think that they would have even batted an eye if the "hackers" had stolen pictures of Scarlets shoe collection?

Someone keep a look out for nude pics from Katy Perrys' phone.

All I want for xmas....

For someone being a high profile figure, how can you not anticipate this type of attack. Storing anything so personal and private on any mobile device is stupid. If you must then you can at least encrypt it if it's a notebook.

For someone being a high profile figure, how can you not anticipate this type of attack. Storing anything so personal and private on any mobile device is stupid. If you must then you can at least encrypt it if it's a notebook.

If you decide to openly store such photos of yourself on your iPhone with the default password then you probably deserve the humiliation.

Back