[H]ot: Microcenter 2600k ($280) + Z68 ($100-$360) - $80 bundle

tnt3k

2[H]4U
Microcenter has the 2600k + z68 motherboard on sale again. I saw this on their online ad and good through the 9/18.

XDz0V.jpg

Seems like a pretty darn good deal to me. Wish I had a microcenter near me.

Just picked up a i5-2500K, ASUS Z68-V LX, and 8GB Corsair Vengeance at Microcenter for $344. This deal though, you could get an i7-2600K + Gigabyte GA-Z68MX-UD2H for $325. Add in some Corsair Vengeance RAM at $52.99 at Newegg, you're looking at $377.97 before tax. Really good deal, IMO.

Last edited:
Those are just regular CPU prices at MicroCenter. They're always significantly less than anywhere else. The mobo prices are nothing special though. This just looks like a normal ad, nothing out of the norm here.

Last edited:
Those are just regular CPU prices at Fry's. They're always significantly less than anywhere else. The mobo prices are nothing special though. This just looks like a normal ad, nothing out of the norm here.

Frys selling the 2600k for $314 and you have to ask them to pricematch for you to get the MC price.

Frys selling the 2600k for $314 and you have to ask them to pricematch for you to get the MC price.

Big deal? I have nothing against MicroCenter, I love going there. But the nearest one for me is over 2 hours away. Fry's is thrilled to price match just about anything in their store, and doing so is easy.

EDIT: My bad, I said Fry's instead of MicroCenter in my original post, and then got confused about what you said. MicroCenter always has incredibly low prices on CPUs, and I can't tell you how happy that makes me. I honestly wonder how they do it without losing a large profit. I guess they just assume people will buy the motherboard and other parts there while they're at it? All the PSUs they carry in store seem to be priced much higher than anywhere online or even Fry's.

Big deal? I have nothing against MicroCenter, I love going there. But the nearest one for me is over 2 hours away. Fry's is thrilled to price match just about anything in their store, and doing so is easy.

EDIT: My bad, I said Fry's instead of MicroCenter in my original post, and then got confused about what you said. MicroCenter always has incredibly low prices on CPUs, and I can't tell you how happy that makes me. I honestly wonder how they do it without losing a large profit. I guess they just assume people will buy the motherboard and other parts there while they're at it? All the PSUs they carry in store seem to be priced much higher than anywhere online or even Fry's.

You're right about that. Although they have good prices on CPU and sometimes combos, everything else is overpriced a bit.

Actually, the MC i went to would price match newegg price. So even tho their tag showed higher price, you would save money after.

Actually, the MC i went to would price match newegg price. So even tho their tag showed higher price, you would save money after.

Nice, is this a standard thing at MicroCenter now (or has it always been)? Is so, they should advertise it more. Everyone likes a store that price matches.

Motherboards don't appear to be much if any lower than other online retailers, and the CPU's are only a little cheaper than the last time I checked a few online retailers.

how does microcenter work for bundles--how do you activate the actual savings when you buy combos? and if they have something that is not in stock for my location, can i have them order it to their store for me to pick it up and how long does that take?

is there still a 40$ off deal for i5 2500k and mobo? i cant find that anywhere :(

im not sure if its worth getting a i7 to get the deal with mobo (80$ off but the i7 costs a ton) for just general new gaming and basic stuff (non video editing, occasional photoshop, lots of browsing). suggestions?

Last edited:
how does microcenter work for bundles--how do you activate the actual savings when you buy combos? and if they have something that is not in stock for my location, can i have them order it to their store for me to pick it up and how long does that take?

is there still a 40$ off deal for i5 2500k and mobo? i cant find that anywhere :(

im not sure if its worth getting a i7 to get the deal with mobo (80$ off but the i7 costs a ton) for just general new gaming and basic stuff (non video editing, occasional photoshop, lots of browsing). suggestions?

price should be deducted automatically in your cart.
I hear 2500k would be the way to go if you're only gonna game, but for not that much more you can get 2600k, but I don't think there's any performance increase if you're not video editing or things like that. I'm debating the same thing and I might jump on the 2500k, wish there was a combo deal on that =/

Motherboards don't appear to be much if any lower than other online retailers, and the CPU's are only a little cheaper than the last time I checked a few online retailers.

I don't think you guys are reading it right. The motherboard prices listed are the retail price. Deduct $80 off those prices. So a P8Z68-V Pro would cost $129, compare this with newegg and it's quite the savings.

Does anyone have recommendations for the mobo to pair this with for a good price. I thought the Gigabyte GA-Z68MX-UD2H would be good with UEFI reviews seem to be mixed, with some recent ones on newegg complaining of DOA. Also "hybrid EFI" seems to just mean a bios that supports 3TB+ hard drives but nothing of actual EFI.. leads me to believe its marketing as a comment on newegg suggested (gigabyte's site on the motherboard is here: http://www.gigabyte.us/products/product-page.aspx?pid=3854#ov ). Anyone think its a good choice? It seems like a good combo for the price but really what am I getting with that mobo, doesn't seem to have much to offer but problems.

Last edited:
Get the ASUS Z68 mobo. Rock solid stable and the UEFI implementation is supposed to be one of the best. Lots of complaints on the MSI and Gigabyte mobo from what I've seen.

Jumped on this deal last time, its a bargain and everything sells fast so don't wait too long.

So hard forum memebers, want to help a H brutha out.... If I were to pick up this deal, what would be the best bang for the buck OC board to get??? :confused:

And this deal looks hot :cool: :D

I picked up a 2500k and asus p8z68-v as a combo for $320 this week.

When he typed in my motherboard with a 2600k it came up as $460! I thought it would be way cheaper with the 80 bucks off...I don't think deal applies to the P8Z68-V.

I jumped on this deal...picked up the 2600k and the ASUS Z68 pro. They took $80 off the total price. Total was $434 with tax. The location I went to would not price match Newegg. It depended on the item but they really were not interested.

I jumped on this deal...picked up the 2600k and the ASUS Z68 pro. They took $80 off the total price. Total was $434 with tax. The location I went to would not price match Newegg. It depended on the item but they really were not interested.

I'm thinking about picking up this setup as well today, have them in my cart... also looking to go SSD boot versus my old Velociraptor.

I'm thinking about picking up this setup as well today, have them in my cart... also looking to go SSD boot versus my old Velociraptor.

I picked up the Crucial M4 128gb ($179.00) at the same time. Amazing setup.

Thanks for the heads up that's the SSD I was thinking about, might be an upgrade weekend for me, haha.

:D

Damn why does microcenter's website say in store only on many CPUs ? I don't live near one.

I need to buy an i5-2500k and they are about $40 cheaper than Fry's electronics or Newegg.

Damn why does microcenter's website say in store only on many CPUs ? I don't live near one.

I need to buy an i5-2500k and they are about $40 cheaper than Fry's electronics or Newegg.

if Fry's is closer, they will price match for you

This deal is back, I am holding out still for the 2700k and Bulldozers to be on the shelves before I start my new build.

how long do these specials update? waiting for a 2500k, anyone guess when it miht take -- 1 week or 1 month?

anyone think its possible to get the 2700k+mobo, then return the 2700k and get a i5 2500k? :p

if Fry's is closer, they will price match for you

I thought about that, but when I said I don't live near a Microcenter I meant it like there are none in my state, not that it's too far to drive. So I don't know, I think they only price match locally, but I guess it's worth trying.

I thought about that, but when I said I don't live near a Microcenter I meant it like there are none in my state, not that it's too far to drive. So I don't know, I think they only price match locally, but I guess it's worth trying.
They price match Newegg and Amazon for me all the time, they just have to include shipping. I don't see why they wouldn't price match Microcenter, though they may only price match an online price for them if they're not local. Worth a try either way. Is there anything on the ad that says B&M only? That could be the only problem.

Anyone have the full ad for this (with logo shown), or a link to where I can find it? I might price match at frys.

For those that mentioned they wanted 2500k deals, I still show the $40 2500k + Z68 mobo discount when I put a CPU & Mobo in my cart, at least for the Denver location. It takes the $40 right off the price of the Mobo once they are both in the cart.

I got the 2500k + Asus P8Z68-V a month or so ago, was a great deal even with the tax. Been really happy with the Asus board thus far, it's been rock solid, would recommend it for those wondering what board to get.

My will just wasn't strong enough for this one. I bought... almost can't believe I did.. with the asus z68 pro. HT should be better supposedly for matlab, solidworks and other modeling and simulation type things so I figure its worth the investment for myself. The i5 2500k seems like its still got the $40 discount based on the above post, and based on the benchmarks I've seen, if all you're mainly doing is gaming then it makes sense.

I'm wondering the same on this. Would they charge you the other $80 or $40 if you were to return the CPU?

They would probably require you to return both together or take like $80 or $40 out of the return amount. Thats I used to do when I worked retail. The computer would just take it out automatically.

But why would you specifically try do that, its just dishonest and wrong.

Microcenter does not take CPU returns btw. Only exchanges.

Non-returnable and non-refundable items
Special buy or clearance items are not returnable unless otherwise indicated on the label attached to the product. Service parts, motherboards and processors may only be exchanged, and only if defective, within 30 days of purchase if in "like-new" condition. Labor, installation services and any shipping charges are non-refundable.

Back