Hacker Rattles Security Circles

HardOCP News

[H] News
The New York Times has given another self-important hacker fifteen minutes of fame. So why link it here? I think the whole thing sounds fake. From the hackers bio to the supposed reason for hacking the Dutch company DigiNotar, it all sounds made up. What do you think?

“I’m totally independent,” he said in an e-mail exchange with The New York Times. “I just share my findings with some people in Iran. They are free to do anything they want with my findings and things I share with them, but I’m not responsible.”

Seriously, does this not sound made up?

Comodohacker said via e-mail that he began his explorations by scrolling through a list of certificate authority companies. DigiNotar caught his interest because it was Dutch. He said he was motivated by the failure of Dutch peacekeepers to prevent the massacres of Muslims in Srebenica in 1995. He also said he chose the Dutch company because of a Dutch legislator, Geert Wilders, who has built a political career out of criticizing Muslims in his country.

s10e06_480.jpg

I'm super-duper cereal!

Wow. How someone was sure successful... at sounding like a clueless 15-year old script kiddie with delusions of grandeur.

as some said, perhaps LOLsec and those are really government based groups, to which the government can then use them as reasons to tighten security even more, for your own safety, so now they have to make up stories for it.

“My country should have control over Google, Skype, Yahoo, etc.,” he said by e-mail. “I’m breaking all encryption algorithms and giving power to my country to control all of them.”
Cool story bro.

Too boastful... some of it might be true

but at least a few statements there are just trying wayyyy too hard at trying to be, 'the cool hacker who outsmarted others'

If he was as good as he said he was, he would have done much more of worthy "news worthy" hack, to obviously fill that attention he seems to crave

I hacked the pentagon 4 times and Langley CIA 5 times. It was too easy.
Beat that!
umadbro?

Am I the only one who read Geert Wilders as Gene Wilder?

Back