CBS Cuts Ties with Media Outlet for False Death Tweet

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
The Twitter post about the falsely reported death of Apple past-CEO Steve Jobs has cost What’s Trending its affiliation with CBS News web site. What’s Trending withdrew the post, but had already gained traction on the internet.

So far neither Lazar nor The Disrupt Group have issued any explanation as to why the original post about Jobs was released.

can't blame 'em for wanting to distance themselves from that...that's pretty serious news to report as an unconfirmed rumor.

Wonder if what happen was like some of the times in the past. These groups have obituraries for these people already made up and just update them every few weeks or so. There has been screwups before where stuff is accidentally pushed out to everyone

At least CBS wasn't presenting fake military documents about a presidential candidate as news. I hate when they do that.

At least CBS wasn't presenting fake military documents about a presidential candidate as news. I hate when they do that.

I hope they break their affiliate relationship with themselves if that kind of stuff ever happens.

CBS is like the yahoo of the news groups.... nobody really uses them, unless, they are the only one reporting that certain piece of info. And 30 minutes after that, all the rest will reshare it on their own site.

I don't think I've read a cbsnews.com article in years..... even with me being a google.com/news junky.

Back