Non-Deal Of The Day

HardOCP News

[H] News
Would you pay almost three dollars for a quarter ($0.25 coin)? The whole thing is tongue-in-cheek but you really have to wonder how many they have sold. :D

Only worth .25 USD as currency, but invaluable when used as a pocket size tool. Many products have large flat-head like fasteners designed to be turned by a United States Quarter Dollar. Most residents of the USA will already have one of these handy, so this offer is more for our international customers who may not have an appropriately sized coin available, or people crazy enough to pay $2.95 for a $0.25 coin.

you havent played penumbra steve. a quarter can mean the difference between life and death man.

People pay all sorts of crazy prices for uncollectible coins, why not for actual money to support a site?

They have only 21 coins left, hurry before they're all gone!
And it's not $2.95 but $6.10 with the cheapest shipping option.
Of course, since I don't have a screwdriver, I need it urgently with UPS Next Day Air, so that will be $48.90. Thankfully I don't live in Cali, so I'm paying $0.00 in tax, what a deal!

Pfft, it's not even state quarters, which would have been collector items as well as handy tools...

Sell that next to some dehydrated water and you are good to go! LOL

Hey now, those quarter things are invaluble for weaver scope rings and my desk lamp's tension adjustment screw. Used to even be able to make a phone call with em, good times :(

lol "Condition:Used, fully tested" or possibly what we had in a pockets at the time...

I'm very excited to own all 21 of them that I added UPS Next Day Air shipping cost of $37 which totaled to $106.76!

ouch.

*empties cart*

And other countries don't have coins close to the size of a quarter. This has got to be a joke.

lol they're a local company here, the guys who run it are pretty cool. but i've never seen that product lol.

So is this Obama's plan for combating the US debt? :D

Might get this tackled in no time this way!

And for a those smaller slots that this won't work for... we have the dime! only 2.50 for that slotted instrument :D

not really, i would say they've sold quite a few and made good profit (didn't make them millionaire may be but) now i don't know how many they've sold, but this is actually genius. other countries where the currency rates higher than US dollar, people there will pay for it as it's great tool on the go.

do remember that not everyone carries flat head screwdriver in their pocket not one that size will fit in their pocket let alone be comfortable if they carry it.

If it was a pre '65 quarter it would be worth it. Silver content of a pre-65 is worth $7.5 at it's current rate.

Back