Sapphire Radeon HD 6850 Vapor-X

HardOCP News

[H] News
Neoseeker has the Sapphire Radeon HD 6850 Vapor-X strapped to the test bench today for a round or two of benchmarks. We looked at the "Toxic" version of this card here last month.

The HD 6850 effectively replaced the HD 5750 in terms of market positioning and pricing, but the total performance offered by the Sapphire Radeon HD 6850 Vapor-X is more in line with the HD 5850. The HD 6850 Vapor-X promises plenty of bang for the buck, and we put it to the test in our latest Radeon HD 6850 review.

The TOXIC card the [H] reviewed was a 6950, while this review is a 6850. Man, with the various numbering schemes and numerous products out there, any of us can get them mixed up! :eek:

You'll find that in any field though. The numbering scheme for high-end products isn't too bad (though nvidia do try and make it excessively complicated), but midrange can be a real pain, with rebrands and past generations to compare with.

I find that the pricing sure its cheaper but the benchmarks are often neck n neck with an equivalent 5xxx series... its like AMD is becoming NVIDIA in that regard.

The 6750 and 5750 are near identical in specs and performance. I was about to buy the 6750 for my wife whom has the 5750 before seeing benchmarks.

does anyone have leaked info on the 7xxx series? hopefully we see an improvement.

that's because they're the same card. AMD did indeed pull an nvidia on that one. No info on the 7 series yet, but unlike HD5->HD6 it's a new silicon process (both HD5 and 6 were 40nm, HD7 will be 28nm), so there should be some significant gains, of the same order of HD4 to HD5 (HD4 was 55nm).

thats a simple way of putting it thanks!
guru3d had some forum threads but it looked like a lot of BS.

Back