New Eizo EV2335.

Interesting indeed. I hope it isn't edge lit. The stand looks unique. I wonder how much the MSRP is?

I note that the EV2333W might be discontinued as it is no longer currently listed on the Eizo web store. Also, the EV2335W is not stated as having the 10-bit LUT as the original. The EV2334W is still available though, but for some reason heavily discounted.

Woah, is that the EV2335 in the front in the first pic? If so the coating looks kinda nonexistent. Very interesting.

yes...it is.

it looks less glossy on this pic:
http://blog.tsukumo.co.jp/mt-static/FileUpload/pics/dosv/Imagerecord/201110/サスケェ/ev2335-2.jpg

maybe it only looks so glossy if you watch from a wide angle...

microsoft translation:
Surface is a nonglare but will quite reflective.
It is not as far as I'm with gloss but increasingly turned slightly glare like compared with the third-party IPS monitor.

Ah, the translation sounds promising. Let's hope that someone reviews it soon.

here is a japanese review:
(translated with microsofttranslator)

http://www.microsofttranslator.com/.../www.the-hikaku.com/display/EIZO/EV2335W.html

response time is not perfect (16ms black-to-white-to-black):

translated text:
However, such as when you zoom enemy in scope such moves in a white image on the right like → → black large shades of white snowfields and run when the afterimage does not care, but quickly switched video, the little afterimage becomes.
I think that this machine is not a game-oriented display, with IPS panel without stress, enjoy the game can be. Therefore do not have an HDMI port to connect game consoles, but a little regret.

If main or game or watch a video,FORIS FS2332 is better I think.

Last edited:
Coating seems to be the same on this one as on EV2333.

I sent an email to Eizo in sweden asking them to compare the AG of the two monitors since a friend has the EV2333 so i know what it looks like, the guy told me that he couldn't discern any difference between the AG on the monitors.

Eizo is not for "simple" people so it doesn't need to make this unuseful claim.

Oh no! so you say that for eg the Eizo S1902 monitor without overdrive and lots of features which hads processing lag is the first Eizo with 2ms GTG?

Every large corporation specially in the monitor business do very shady business in this forums is common to see lots of people desperate about the monitor they just bought and deciding to go with very expensive Eizo monitor to get rid off severe back light bleeding , glow psu noise etc and to find out later that they had the same issues with the new Eizo and sometimes even worst but now they are without money, if they bought a Samsung, LG etc and got the same problem at least they could try again and buy another monitor 1 or 2 more times or return it to the shop...

yes...but i have sent it back.

It has very very good picture, very sharp, very good colors, very light AG-coating, very good illumination ...but the LED backlight is flickering (PWM).
Not everybody can see it but if you are sensible to it it will strain your eyes...

For me it´s the best display you can buy now for that price (i´ve tested U2412M, U2311HM, S24A650D, S24A450BW, B2475HDS) - but only if you are not sensible to PWM backlight flickering!

Hmm... It's a shame, how annoying is that? I wonder when or if PRAD will be doing review about it. They praised Asus PA238Q a lot (which looks like it's the monitor to get at the moment, dunno about flickering).

most modern LED displays suffer from that, but a lot of people don´t realize PWM flickering...
for me it´s very annoying because my eyes get tired very fast... you have to try it yourself to find out if it´s a problem for you too.

never seen flickering on my monitor in signature. (hey have you disabled the powersaving feature huh?)

Last edited:
@Tup3x
PWM is used for backlight dimming it has nothing to do with vertical refresh rate 60/75Hz.

Is there an easy way to get this in the US? I'd like to compare the prices of this monitor and the fs2332 but the only places I've seen in stock are in Europe

I've had a Dell U2412M for two weeks, which I ultimately had returned because of the LED backlight flickering. In the end, I went with the Eizo EV2333 out of fear that the EV2335 might have the same flickering issue.

I've had a Dell U2412M for two weeks, which I ultimately had returned because of the LED backlight flickering. In the end, I went with the Eizo EV2333 out of fear that the EV2335 might have the same flickering issue.

I'd be thankful if you could do a small comparison between the U2412 and the EV2333 when you get it. =D

I'd be thankful if you could do a small comparison between the U2412 and the EV2333 when you get it. =D

great comparison but you can't really compare a 16:9 with a 16:10...
imho you should have bought an S2433W.

Well, I've had the Eizo for about a month now already :)

In short its a decent screen, very well suited for text work but not so much for games due to rather slow pixel response time, which is its biggest shortcoming in comparison to the Dell U2412M. In certain games, like F1 2011 I didn't find this a problem, but in Civ 4 and Civ 5 panning of the screen was quite blurry and the ghosting of the resource icons was profound.

I would rate the viewing angles on the Eizo slightly better than those of the Dell, although a gamma shift due to its VA nature is present. In bright images it's less noticeable, but in dark it's unmistakable. Here's a couple of shots I made of the effect in a video game:

Front view

Side view at about 30°

AG coating is miles better than that of the Dell, which other than being very intrusive was also not particularly functional as it could not even decently fend off indirect daylight illumination. That turned out to be almost just as annoying as the sparkle effect.

The black on the screen is very good and totally agrees with the rated contrast of 3000:1. When viewing movies in pitch black environments, the black appears as dark as that of the average digital cinema projection, which as we all know is still far from perfect. At the moment, a CRT is still unbeatable in this category: but not for long, with the looming presence of cheaper AMOLEDs on the horizon ...

When I compare the screen to my almost 4 year old Eizo S2000 it is only in contrast ratio that I can give it a better mark. However, the S2000 was more than twice its price.

Last edited:

In short its a decent screen, very well suited for text work but not so much for games due to rather slow pixel response time, which is its biggest shortcoming in comparison to the Dell U2412M. In certain games, like F1 2011 I didn't find this a problem, but in Civ 4 and Civ 5 panning of the screen was quite blurry and the ghosting of the resource icons was profound.

Why you bought the EV2335 if blurry and ghosting is something of your interest?
I have seen/worked with EV2335 and I can say you that S2433W is far better in this sense.
Probably you should consider a second switch.

I didn't intend to come out that nitpicky, as I just tried to make an assessment between the two screens.

The EV2333 is mostly used for browsing, text editing and movie watching. The occasional gaming it sees doesn't make me wanna return it, as I was not planning on spending more than 400 euros this time around. In fact, I got it for almost the same price as the Dell.

Judging from the specs, I've no doubt that the S2433W is better in that regard.

Last edited:

I would rate the viewing angles on the Eizo slightly better than those of the Dell, although a gamma shift due to its VA nature is present. In bright images its less noticeable, but in dark its unmistakable. Here's a couple of shots I made of the effect in a video game:

Front view

Side view at about 30°

AG coating is miles better than that of the Dell, which other than being very intrusive was also not particularly functional as it could not even decently fend off indirect daylight illumination. That turned out to be almost just as annoying as the sparkle effect.

The black on the screen is very good and totally agrees with the rated contrast of 3000:1. When viewing movies in pitch black environments, the black appears as dark as that of the average digital cinema projection, which as we all know is still far from perfect. At the moment, a CRT is still unbeatable in this category: but not for long, with the looming presence of cheaper AMOLEDs on the horizon ...

When I compare the screen to my almost 4 year old Eizo S2000 it is only in contrast ratio that I can give it a better mark. However, the S2000 was more than twice its price.

Well that's an awesome comparison, way more than the few lines of text i expected, ha! Thank you. =D

Still have no idea if i'm gonna go for the 2333 or 2335 though... maybe i'll just order both and send one back.

Well that's an awesome comparison, way more than the few lines of text i expected, ha! Thank you. =D

Still have no idea if i'm gonna go for the 2333 or 2335 though... maybe i'll just order both and send one back.

Personally I had both monitors not for personal use, I have seen both monitors,
EV2333 is really slower than EV2335 but it is much more sharp, really deeper blacks and you feel the better contrast.

Looking at the specs of the EV2335, I would hazard to guess that it uses the same panel as the new Foris FS2332, which was rated by prad.de as "sehr gut". This particular review will be unlocked on Monday from what I can gather.

Back