Korean Trustbusters Raid Google Offices

HardOCP News

[H] News
According to this report, Korea's antitrust agency has just raided Google's offices in Seoul. So many "search" jokes to be made here, so little time. :)

It was not immediately clearly, though, why the offices were the target of the raid. In April, two Korean Internet companies--NHN, which operates the popular Naver search engine there, and Daum Comminications--asked the country's Fair Trade Commission to investigate Google's business practices regarding mobile search.

So...companies that can't compete with Google basically hire the police to raid them. lol?

They won't find anything, all their computers were basically dumb terminals connected to the cloud!

Ok.. soon to be a movie coming to theaters near you... Here is how it works folks.. try to keep up.

Relative (nephew) of public official works for rival company. Rival company needs to update and increase it's server capacity to handle workloads more efficiently/quickly to remain even SLIGHTLY competitive.

Google offices are raided.. with key equipment confiscated. Said equipment is held for forensic examination of potential evidence for indefinite period. Equipment is then put up for private bid from hand-picked company (in this case, Rival company where nephew works.)

Equipment gets installed after cleaning, and Google took it in the ass for no reason.

Oh wait.. did I say that out loud or did I just think it?

Trustbusting in the land of the chaebol...classic. While I appreciate South Korea, it's another perfect example of how "free trade" gets us taken advantage of. We station 35,000 troops in South Korea to protect them; we patrol their seas and trade lanes. The money they save in doing so is given to chaebols like Hyundai and Samsung, who can then out-compete American companies.

Did they send in the rock solider guards first to intimidate the staff :D

i think they got it backwards, it is usually the other comp trying to prevent android

Back