Happy Birthday Google Chrome!!

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
We almost missed this milestone event today (well, actually it was missed on the anniversary), but Google Chrome turned three years old on Thursday. In its relatively short life, Chrome has come a long way and accomplished much. Happy third birthday,Chrome and many more to come. :cool:
Given the huge head start that IE, Firefox and its smaller web browser rivals had, Chrome’s adoption rate is nothing short of impressive.

Version 26 in another 3 years, it will report everything you do to Google but it STILL won't have proper support for NoScript lol

I was going to surprise you mr chrome with a nice gift, but you apparently already know what i'm getting you :eek::p

Oh hi you like using google, try our browser chrome
Oh hey you like using youtube, try our browser chrome
oh hey f you you're not using chrome, love google.

it will report everything you do to Google

If you like Chrome but don't like it tracking you, try SRWare Iron, a Chrome variant that doesn't have any Google privacy tracking on it. It acts and looks just like Chrome, has an ad-blocker, and gets updated fairly regularly (just not automated like Chrome). About the only thing it doesn't do that Chrome does is send info about you back to Google!

I finally just starting using it full time after a few previous tries. Still a few issue but overall, I am really liking it. :)

Time sure flies. I tried it out immediately after it was released to the public and stuck to it since then. Didn't realized that was 3 years ago now :eek:

I don't use Chrome although its just about the quickest in JS execution. For me FF is the best all-round browser. I've tried switching a no. of times but it just ain't happening..

i switched to chrome from firefox about 6 months ago and i dont miss firefox at all.

Chrome is definitely one of the best browsers on the market. I just can't break away from Firefox
i switched to chrome from firefox about 6 months ago and i dont miss firefox at all.
We're sad to see you move to the dark side :p

Chrome is definitely one of the best browsers on the market. I just can't break away from Firefox
We're sad to see you move to the dark side :p

I moved away from firefox because it was slowing my computer down with no plugins. That's when it had to go.

Back