Google, Facebook Top U.S. Web Destinations in July

HardOCP News

[H] News
I guess it is no real surprise that Google and Facebook were the top web destinations in July. I just can't get over the fact that people spend more than 5 hours a month on Facebook. :eek:

According to the research firm, 172.5 million unique visitors went to Google in July, spending an average of nearly 1.5 hours on the site. The world's top social network, Facebook, had nearly 159 million unique visitors. However, the social network was far and away their favorite place to be, with folks spending an average of over 5 hours on the site during the month.

Steve, planting and harvesting crops takes more time than you think!

4438541418_9ca513985f.jpg

You graduated college?

+1

I wonder if they track if it is the active window or not? I know that sometimes I get home, pull up several websites, of which Facebook is one, and then just minimize everything and game for a while. I would be "logged in" with an open browser window for a few hours, but not actually using the site.

Big freakin' surprise this report was.. same top 8 sites as in January 2011 and the same top 7 as in June 2010. Going back 3 years (July 2008) has the same 8 sites in the top 10.

Google actually gained 8 minutes since January and 16 total minutes since June 2010.. but Apple lost 15 minutes during that same time frame! No wonder Jobs left!

Why the hell would you spend an hour at Apple's website?! Is that counting iTunes or something? That makes no sense to me.

...and they're on google for the 20 seconds it takes to find naked pictures of whoever, which is where they spend the next two hours.

Back