WTT: X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro (or other) for Xonar D2X

Status
Not open for further replies.

MavericK

Zero Cool
EDIT: May accept Xonar D2 or Xonar DX depending on condition/cost. Turns out the D2X is really, really hard to find. :(

Hey guys,

Looking to trade my X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro PCI-E card for an Asus Xonar D2X PCI-E, plus a bit of cash if necessary since I believe the D2X is worth a bit more. The reason for this is, frankly, I like Dolby Headphone better than CMSS-3D. :cool:

I also have the following to potentially trade:

-X-Fi XtremeGamer Fatal1ty PCI Card
-BFG 8800 GTX OC 768 MB PCI-E Video Card
-AMD Athlon 4000+ Socket 939 Processor (2.4 GHz, Single-core)
-2 x 1GB PC-3200 DDR Kingston Hyper-X KHX3200AK2
-2 x 1GB PC-3200 DDR Geil GE2GB3200BDC
-D-Link GamerLounge DGL-4300 Gigabit Wireless-G Gaming Router

Possibly some other stuff, I don't even know what all I have available. Just shoot me a PM if you have a D2X and are willing to accept trade, or trade + small amount of cash (probably no more than $30 or so).

Heatware under MavericK96.

Last edited:
Bump for you. I also made the switch to a Xonar from a Fatal1ty, but it hasn't been a smooth and seamless transition.

Several people report one channel randomly dropping volume to near-inaudible levels that would require a restart to fix when using official drivers. This is apparently an issue with GX (EAX emulation) and surround emulation and Asus never released a driver fix. I was informed of this and made the switch anyway, thinking I could just disable GX and never have the issue... and I was wrong. After scouring around for a while and getting some [H]elp I found a website that hosts modified drivers that work VERY well. I've had my Xonar DX for 10 months now and after installing the 'Unified' drivers I've only lost a channel once, but that was after a game crash-to-desktop that made me want to do a reboot anyway since my system had been running for 2 weeks straight.

Anyway, best of luck to you, and here's the link for those drivers.

http://brainbit.wordpress.com/2010/07/19/asus-xonar-unified-drivers/

Thanks, I will give them a shot. The X-Fi has been a great card, I just prefer the Xonar surround virtualization. Bump!

I also love how the Xonar has higher signal-to-noise ratio and greater control over both the input filters and output equalization. Best of luck to you in your search.

Free bump

Yeah, it seems like a good card. Currently I'm using a Xonar DG actually, but I'd like something a little more high-end, but still with the headphone amp and Dolby Headphone. Also, PCI-E would be nice.

I may consider a Xonar DX instead of the D2X if I can't find anything else, but I'd much prefer the D2X.

Bump!

I have a D2(PCI) though..If interested..let me know what ya got.

Might be interested...What I've got is, for the most part, listed above. Those are the big ticket items, anyway. Might have some other small stuff but I don't want to make a giant list, if there's something specific you want/need let me know. I have a couple of older Sprint cell phones (LG Rumor and Sanyo Katana), both in fairly decent condition. Also have a TRENDnet TEW-637AP 300Mbps Wireless Easy-N-Upgrader.

Bump!

Yeah...plus I'm not going to pay $200 for it when they've gone around here for like $110. Willing to consider ANY high-end gaming Xonar cards (DX, D2, D2X). Bump!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back