Oracle Accuses Hewlett-Packard of Fraud

HardOCP News

[H] News
It seems that Oracle has taken off the kid gloves and outright accused Hewlett-Packard of committing fraud.

In today’s filing in California state court in San Jose, Oracle alleged that HP fraudulently hid that it was planning to hire current Chief Executive Officer Leo Apotheker and board chairman Ray Lane, who were “toxic” to any partnership with Oracle, when it forged a settlement with Oracle over its hiring of Hurd.

So, Oracle agrees to a settlement. Now, a little bit later, they decide they don't like their own settlement, and want it rescinded?

Not to mention this all happened because HP's CEO Mark Hurd was fired after altering expense reports to hide a side affair with a woman who later accused him of sexual harassment, a kind of behavior Oracle's CEO saw and had this kind of reaction to: "That's the kind of guy we need working at Oracle!' The only problem? Mark Hurd got paid $34.6 million to leave HP.

Boy, if only all of us could falsify expense reports to hide actions done with somebody that you paid up to $10,000 per 'event' (for business consultation) and who is suing you for sexual harassment and then get paid $34.6 million for the inconvenience of getting fired for it. Then the only expectation of you is that you don't compete with the company that paid you the $34.6 million and you can't even be bothered to honor that?

I agree, its so mind numbingly the opposite of what would happen to anyone else who basically was embezzling by falsifying these reports.

Anyone but a suit would have been lead away in handcuffs, and charged with a felony.

As dumb as both of these companies have been acting lately it seems to me there needs to be some sort of merger.

wow stop crying thats just one of the perks of being CEO of a top company like HP.
deal with it or become a CEO yourself

This is what I was talking about in the HP thread yesterday.

A year ago Larry Ellison accused Leo Apotheker of overseeing an industrial espionage scheme centering on the theft of Oracle software and Ray Lane defended him, so obviously why would he want to deal with people who he thinks stole from him.

The hurd suit is just a cross lawsuit against the one HP placed on Oracle back in the spring for harming their Itanium business by pulling out software support they promised to do. Oracle's contention is that they wouldn't have agreed to anything if he knew those two were going to be CEO and chairman.

I think that HP shot themselves in the foot when Hurd was fired and went over to Oracle. I can still not figure out how a CEO even if fired can go to the competition with all the inside track and knowledge of the company he just left. What am I missing here. Even governments have rules governing this, well that depends what country your from.

wow stop crying thats just one of the perks of being CEO of a top company like HP.
deal with it or become a CEO yourself

And its like in the constitution. Every soldier defending their country is serving so some overpaid jackwagon can live by a different set of rules.

So, Oracle agrees to a settlement. Now, a little bit later, they decide they don't like their own settlement, and want it rescinded?

Not to mention this all happened because HP's CEO Mark Hurd was fired after altering expense reports to hide a side affair with a woman who later accused him of sexual harassment, a kind of behavior Oracle's CEO saw and had this kind of reaction to: "That's the kind of guy we need working at Oracle!' The only problem? Mark Hurd got paid $34.6 million to leave HP.

Boy, if only all of us could falsify expense reports to hide actions done with somebody that you paid up to $10,000 per 'event' (for business consultation) and who is suing you for sexual harassment and then get paid $34.6 million for the inconvenience of getting fired for it. Then the only expectation of you is that you don't compete with the company that paid you the $34.6 million and you can't even be bothered to honor that?

unless you have info no one else has, stop spreading bullshit.

Back