NZXT Sentry Mix Fan Controller

HardOCP News

[H] News
I have to admit, I like the way the NZXT Sentry Mix fan controller looks like sliders you'd find on an equalizer or soundboard. Head on over to Overclockers Club for the full review.

The sliders on the Sentry Mix have a full range of motion from top to bottom and are attached to linear potentiometers. Power is supplied to the fan controller by two standard 4-pin Molex connectors, a sure sign that 50 Watts per channel is not simply a facetious boast. Each channel has its own detachable cable should removal be necessary to facilitate case cleanliness.

Ahaa, this looks perfect for the FD Define R3.

Hey, that's a pretty nifty controller. The LEDs don't get too bright, unlike my Sunbeam one, and 6 channels? That'll help all the fans in my system. :D

But this only works with fans that support various speeds, right?

There's no list of fans in the review (that I see) that work with this controller.

But this only works with fans that support various speeds, right?

There's no list of fans in the review (that I see) that work with this controller.

Umm... it's a voltage regulation controller, the potentiometers simply drop the voltage from 12V down to... 5V most likely. ANY fan will work.

Umm... it's a voltage regulation controller, the potentiometers simply drop the voltage from 12V down to... 5V most likely. ANY fan will work.

But you cant UP the speed of fans, w/o frying them, so what's the point if you want MORE airflow?

Looks like it's a bit recessed so that it won't interfere with any cases that have doors. Interesting design, I like it, it would fit much better in my Cosmos 1000 than those traditional knob designs (which don't fit at all).

Fan controllers are purely designed to turn high-speed fans to low-speed fans on demand, not turn low-speed fans into high-speed fans.

Just bought the Mesh, 5 fan version of this today for 35 bucks, Gorgeous in it's completely understated design, and works flawlessly.

Back