Chinese General's Spy Talk Leaked Onto YouTube

HardOCP News

[H] News
Hey, make sure you record this conversation where I talk about hugely embarrassing stuff about spying so it can be leaked to YouTube later. :rolleyes:

Footage of a Chinese general discussing sensitive spying cases has been leaked onto Google Inc.'s video sharing site YouTube, in what appears to be an embarrassing failure of secrecy for the usually tightlipped military.

What's worse? We are financing these people. Almost every big US corporation has sold out to China at this point.

What's worse? We are financing these people. Almost every big US corporation has sold out to China at this point.

a global economy has it's up's and it's downs. It's either that or we go back to an isolationist nation (and watch our economy go down the toilet)

a global economy has it's up's and it's downs. It's either that or we go back to an isolationist nation (and watch our economy go down the toilet)

I can dig that, but why did we have to get into bed with the exact same type of government we spent 40 years of Cold War dealing with?

I can dig that, but why did we have to get into bed with the exact same type of government we spent 40 years of Cold War dealing with?

The Chinese communists nowadays aren't all about spreading the Communist revolution worldwide, but taking care of internal issues. Whereas the USSR was all about exporting their ideology worldwide, funding revolutionaries, stationing missles in Cuba...etc.

And I read an interesting point the other day - it isn't that China and India are "coming up from nothing." It's that some of the most vibrant economies of the last 3,500 years, minus the past 200, are reasserting themselves.

the way the soviet union was running differs alot from the chinese government. except for the fact they are both run by "the Communist Party"

False dichotomy logical fallacy.

We could also stop allowing our enemy to make our military hardware. Whoever thought that was a good idea should be deep sixed into Challenger Deep.

$$$

They have what we (and the planet) need and they can do it cheaper and (in some cases) better than anyone else... so they get the business. Like that old saying goes, it is what it is. :)

Well there will definently never be a show down between US and China. There is plenty of room at the top for 2 countries to share first place. Number 1 happy co-existance has happened thousands of times through out human society.

I wouldnt be surprised if they build a bridge connecting China and US just to increase ease of trade between the two friendly nations.

Right, because our economy is doing really well right now with all the ex-manufacturing employee's buing HP Touchpads with their unemployment checks?

Right, because our economy is doing really well right now with all the ex-manufacturing employee's buing HP Touchpads with their unemployment checks?

You'd be surprised at the percentage of lay-offs due to the shutdown of the WebOS hardware group happening to off-shore employees.

Actually manufacturing is doing quite well in the US, value wise. Employment wise, it is one of the most heavily automated industries and thus the number of people required to do all the work is less and less.

Back