Battery Life Tweaks For Intel Linux Notebooks

HardOCP News

[H] News
The crew at Phoronix have put together a handy guide to getting the most battery life possible out of your Intel based Linux notebook.

While the Linux power consumption may be up on recent kernels depending upon your hardware configuration, there's a few known but not too commonly used tweaks for reducing your system power consumption and extending your battery life when using Intel integrated graphics on your favorite Linux distribution.

Once again I love how they supply easy steps to add these tweaks for those of us who have tried and failed on many occasions to try to get technical with Linux.

Always the first three pages of the Linux manual ripped out.

It will never catch on.

Once again I love how they supply easy steps to add these tweaks for those of us who have tried and failed on many occasions to try to get technical with Linux.

Always the first three pages of the Linux manual ripped out.

It will never catch on.

I completely agree. And each time I do try Linux anyway and need help from a Forum, I get really rude or dumb replies.

For example I just tried OpenSUSE and the screensaver app just crashes each time on opening.

The first reply I got was: do you really need a screensaver? I mean I just turned mine off and don't use it. You don't need it if you have LCD.

The second and last was: submit a bug report

Back